[size=36]Iraq announces in figures the rates of poverty and unemployment[/size]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The Ministry of Planning, announced on Thursday, recording a decline in poverty rates in Iraq, pointing out that the province of Muthanna is the poorest among the provinces.
The ministry said in a statement received / Mawazine News / a copy of it, that `` poverty indicators witnessed a decline in rates during the last year 2018, according to the survey carried out by the ministry to monitor and evaluate poverty in Iraq, which included all the provinces of Iraq, including the provinces of the Kurdistan region, where the index recorded Poverty decreased from 22.5% in 2014 to 20% in 2018 while Muthanna remains the poorest governorate among governorates by 52%.
The average household expenditure during the past year (1503) million dinars per month and the net enrollment rate in the primary stage to 93%, and in the middle school to 75%, and the proportion of households connected to the net water to 92% in 2018.
"The results of the survey showed that the unemployment rate was 13.8%, according to the International Labor Organization (ILO) standards. Unemployment among young people rose to 19%. Because of the security and economic crises suffered by Iraq. "
She pointed out that "the reduction of poverty indicators in Iraq comes in conjunction with the remedies and policies included in the strategy to alleviate poverty in its first versions 2010-2014 and the second 2018-2022 and also coincided with the establishment of the Social Fund for Development and the commencement of its work as a mechanism to implement the activities of the strategy and reach the target groups through Direct coordination with governorates through UNFPA offices comprising committees representing governments, communities and NGOs, as well as the possibility of dealing with international funding as an important window to work directly with donors to fund activities that address poverty.
With regard to the activities and remedies that were implemented in the strategy to alleviate poverty during the period 2012-2018: -
granted (12234) loan facilitated to the poor, including the service sector, industrial and agricultural.
- Construction of 18 rural roads with a length of 65 km in the governorates (Salah al-Din, Diyala, Nineveh).
- Establishing 700 kiosks and retail stores in Salahuddin and Diwaniyah governorates and
in the health side:
Training 9630 health workers in all governorates in order to build capacity in the fields of primary health care and integrated care in children's health.
Supplying 643 health centers in 15 governorates with various laboratory and multipurpose medical devices.
- Establishment of 79 tuberculosis centers, homes and health centers.
- Supplying basin cars specialized in sewage works, delivery of potable water, establishing water desalination complexes and supplying electric networks in a number of villages in different governorates.
In the field of education: -
Completion of 149 alternative schools for mud schools as well as rehabilitation and establishment of a number of schools in the provinces in addition to a number of others under completion.
In the field of housing:
- Construction of 890 housing units (300 in Kirkuk, 284 in Wasit, 145 in Anbar, 91 in Diwaniya and 70 in Muthanna). Other residential complexes are in the implementation stages of 15% -95%. Poor according to appropriate standards.
In the field of social protection for the poor:
Supporting the social research of the social protection network covered by the amount of (4.500) billion dinars during the years 2015-2018 -
Inclusion of 7500 displaced families in financial grants
With regard to the Social Fund for Development project, which aims to deepen efforts to achieve stability and provide livelihood opportunities and provide social services and build social protection networks programs in the medium term through attention to local development priorities and the development of measures that promote social cohesion. The Fund started its operations in three governorates (Muthanna, Salahuddin and Duhok) as a first phase of a currency, as (10) villages were included in each governorate and then added (10) other villages, bringing the total of villages covered (60) villages.
- The percentage of projects that will be implemented in the villages of Muthanna province, funded by the Social Fund for Development (4) million and (305) thousand dollars. The projects include the implementation of roads and rehabilitation of electrical networks and the development and rehabilitation of water pools and the construction of an iron bridge for pedestrians.
- The cost of projects in the villages of Salah al-Din governorate (4) million and (500) thousand dollars, for the implementation of school projects and paving roads and rehabilitation and supply of electrical networks and the establishment of a water network.
- In the province of Dohuk in the Kurdistan region, the projects funded by the Social Fund for Development amounted to (2) million and (712) thousand dollars, for the implementation of projects that include paving streets, lining the streets, treating collapsed sections in the roads, connecting electrical lines, establishing electric water tanks and establishing
an electrical network connection. Head of a number of villages.
Poverty alleviation projects in Muthanna Governorate -
Construction of 4 water networks in Najmi and Al Majd districts -
Establishment of healthy houses in 5 other areas -
Establishment of 11 middle schools for girls -
Delivery of basic services to low-cost houses that include 70 housing units -
Construction project 112 housing units in Tahraba
- Completion of the tuberculosis coordination project in Al-Khader and Samawah districts -
Construction of 15 alternative schools for mud schools -
Including more than 3,000 beneficiaries with small loans
Poverty alleviation projects in Salah Al-Din governorate -
Implementation of projects to build economic housing complexes (438) economic house and the establishment of (40) schools and (30) health homes distributed throughout the province of the province - the
construction of 98 alternative schools for mud schools - the
completion of the coordination of tuberculosis number 2 in the districts (Baiji, Tikrit) - the
adoption of building units Economic housing with 237 housing units in Yathrib district,
including 1554 borrowers in the micro-credit program