Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraq.. Sadrist movement agrees with protesters to calm down

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Iraq.. Sadrist movement agrees with protesters to calm down Empty Iraq.. Sadrist movement agrees with protesters to calm down

Post by Rocky Sat 08 Feb 2020, 2:38 am

Iraq.. Sadrist movement agrees with protesters to calm down

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm 1 hour ago.
    Demonstrations in Iraq have been going on since Last October
    Demonstrations in Iraq have been going on since Last October
    Baghdad - Sky News Arabia
    Prominent activists in popular protests in The Iraqi capital, Baghdad and some provinces, agreed with a representative of the Sadrist movement to calm down, after days of clashes between the two sides.

The protesters in Baghdad's Tahrir Square agreed with a representative of Sadrist leader Abu Duaa al-Issawi at several points after a meeting that lasted until early Saturday morning.

During the meeting, Al-Issawi pledged to withdraw the owners of the "blue berets" from sadrist supporters from the protest squares, leaving the task of securing them to the Iraqi security forces.

Related news
    Protesters in Najaf
    Iraqi Interior Ministry: Investigations into najaf and Karbala events under way
    Al-Issawi confirmed the pledge to allow protesters to return to the Turkish restaurant overlooking Tahrir Square and The Republic Bridge, a stronghold and symbol of protesters in Baghdad.

The demonstrators were informed that the "Coalition of Walkers", backed by current leader Moqtada Al-Sadr, was considering the possibility of not giving confidence to prime minister-designate Mohammed Tawfiq Allawi in the Iraqi parliament, if the protest grounds continued to reject him, a Sky News Arabic correspondent in Iraq reported.

Related news
    Iraq's protests have entered their fifth month without political solutions.
    Iraq demonstrations killed in 4 months revealed
    At least 543 people have been killed since anti-authority demonstrations began in Iraq on October 1st, the government's Human Rights Commission said in its latest report.

UNHCR reported that 22 activists were killed in the assassinations, while 72 others, some of whom are believed to be still in detention, were still in detention.

According to the same report, there were 2,700 arrests of activists, 328 of whom remain in detention.

The United Nations has accused armed groups of being behind assassinations, kidnappings and threats against activists in an attempt to quell unprecedented moves in Iraq, the 16th most corrupt country in the world.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 10:00 pm