Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraq demands removing its name from the AML high risk countries list

chouchou
    chouchou

Iraq demands removing its name from the AML high risk countries list Empty Iraq demands removing its name from the AML high risk countries list

Post by chouchou Thu 17 Sep 2020, 3:14 am

Shafaq News / The Iraqi Minister of foreign affairs renewed on Thursday the call for the European Commission to remove the name of Iraq from the AML high risk countries list.

The ministry said in a statement to Shafaq News Agency, that " Minister Fouad Hussein met with Josep Borrell, the High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy in the European Union, at the European Commission headquarters in Brussels".

The Iraqi minister commended, "the Union's keenness to provide political and economic support to Iraq, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic".

The two sides also touched on the, "meetings of the Joint Committee for Human Rights and Democracy that were held between the two sides on 9/8/2020", and stressed, "the importance of the Partnership and Cooperation Agreement concluded between Iraq and the European Union countries, as it usually represents the strategic framework for the relationship between the two sides".

Hussein expressed his, "absolute rejection of Iraq turning into a conflict arena between the competing parties", and touched on, "the government's decision to hold early elections next June, and its aspiration to cooperate with international parties interested in this matter".

According to the ministry's statement, "the two sides discussed the issue of removing Iraq from the European Commission’s AML high risk countries list", inviting the commission to open a dialogue with the Iraqi concerned technical authorities, to complete the evaluation of Iraq's performance in this field and remove his name from this list".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 6:23 am