Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraq.. Clearing 53% of the areas of contamination with mines and remnants of war

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Iraq.. Clearing 53% of the areas of contamination with mines and remnants of war Empty Iraq.. Clearing 53% of the areas of contamination with mines and remnants of war

Post by Rocky Wed 02 Feb 2022, 6:04 am

[size=52]Iraq.. Clearing 53% of the areas of contamination with mines and remnants of war[/size]

[size=45]The representative of Iraq in the International Demining Convention, Ahmed Abdul Razzaq, announced that more than 53% of the areas of contamination with mines and remnants of war have been cleared since 2004 until now. Abdul Razzaq told the official agency (Anaa):[/size]
    [size=45]The areas of contamination by mines, war remnants and explosive devices, since the start of the demining program in 2004 until now, amounted to 6,022 square kilometers, noting that “the remaining area of ​​pollution is estimated at 2,761 square kilometres, meaning that more than 53% of the general pollution in Iraq has been cleared.” . He added that "the most polluted areas are the southern regions, especially Basra governorate, which is the most polluted governorate in Iraq, and then comes the liberated governorates," stressing that "the southern governorates are more polluted, then the liberated governorates, then the governorates in the middle Euphrates region."[/size]
    [size=45]He pointed out that "the pollution removal program is an Iraqi national, but there are international organizations that receive grants and come to work in Iraq according to these grants, such as the Danish organization (DRC), the Danish Council, the Norwegian People's Aid Organization (MPI) and the British Mac Organization, as well as the The DCI Danish Church Aid and other international organizations working in Iraq, in addition to the national efforts represented by the Ministry of Defense, the Ministry of Interior, and companies and organizations operating in Iraq.[/size]
    [size=45]Abdul Razzaq stressed: “Seeking support and cooperation from other countries, because during the concluded international agreements there is a clause called the cooperation clause through which support and assistance can be requested,” noting that “there are agreements, namely the Anti-personnel Mine Ban Convention, the Ottawa Convention (IP). LC), the CCM Convention, which is called the Convention on the Prohibition of Cluster Munitions, as well as the CCW Convention, the Convention on the Prohibition of Conventional Weapons of Excessively Indiscriminate Effects. He explained that “the cost of removing mines differs from cluster munitions and from war remnants and explosive devices, i.e. its pricing varies according to the nature of the land, its ruggedness and the type of mines. Also, the price is determined according to the method of removal, if it is manual removal, its cost is high. As for mechanical removal, its cost is lower based on the meter, and this depends on all on the nature of the land, its topography, and the intensity of pollution in it.”[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 8:10 am