Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Cryptocurrency billionaire arrested... fraud, conspiracy and money laundering

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Cryptocurrency billionaire arrested... fraud, conspiracy and money laundering Empty Cryptocurrency billionaire arrested... fraud, conspiracy and money laundering

Post by Rocky Tue 13 Dec 2022, 5:24 am

Cryptocurrency billionaire arrested... fraud, conspiracy and money laundering

Cryptocurrency billionaire arrested... fraud, conspiracy and money laundering 7290

Arab and international

Economy News-Baghdad
    As all eyes were on Tuesday's meeting with the House Financial Services Committee, during which bankrupt FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried is expected to testify to solve the mystery of the cryptocurrency exchange's collapse last month, it was announced that Sam Bankman-Fried was arrested in... Bahamas after US prosecutors filed criminal charges against him, according to a statement from the Bahamas government.
    Authorities in New York City, who are investigating Pinkman and the collapse of FTX and its sister business Alameda, confirmed his arrest on Twitter.
    "Earlier this evening, Samuel Bankman Fried was arrested by Bahamas authorities at the request of the United States government," US Attorney Damian Williams wrote.
    Damian Williams added: "We expect to move to unveil the indictment in the morning and we will have more to say at that time."
    The Royal Bahamas Police Force said in a statement that Bankman-Fried, who was arrested without incident at his apartment complex shortly after 6 p.m. EST Monday in Nassau, is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday.
    "I still don't have access to a lot of my data — professional or personal," Pinkman said last week in a conversation with House Speaker Maxine Waters.
    "So there is a limit to what I shall say, and I shall not be as useful as I wish, but as the Committee still thinks it will be useful, I am prepared to testify on the thirteenth."
    separate charges
    Shortly after confirming his arrest, the Securities and Exchange Commission said it authorized separate charges relating to "violations of securities laws" committed by Pinkman, which will be filed publicly on Tuesday.
    It is not clear what charges await Pinkman, 30, who became an overnight outcast last month. His company suffered a liquidity crisis and filed for bankruptcy, leaving at least a million depositors unable to access their funds.
    Fraud, conspiracy and money laundering
    The New York Times, citing a person familiar with the matter, reported that the charges against Pinkman included fraud, conspiracy, securities fraud, and money laundering.
    The extradition treaty between the United States and the Bahamas allows US prosecutors to return defendants to US soil if the charges would carry at least a year in prison in both jurisdictions.
    In the four weeks since FTX filed for bankruptcy, Pinkman has sought to portray himself as a somewhat unlucky CEO who walked out of the house, denying accusations that he defrauded FTX clients.
    "I did not intentionally commit fraud," he said. "I didn't want any of this to happen. I definitely wasn't nearly as qualified as I thought."
    Urgent: European disagreement.. Russia believed and Washington won
    testify
    Pinkman was scheduled to appear virtually on Tuesday before the US House of Representatives Financial Services Committee, which is demanding answers about how the company collapsed, sending a boomerang throughout the digital asset ecosystem.
    Many crypto companies have suspended operations, frozen customer accounts and in some cases filed for bankruptcy due to exposure to FTX.
    After his arrest, Representative Maxine Waters, the committee chair, said Bankman-Fried would not testify as scheduled on Tuesday.

Views 96
    Added 12/13/2022 - 12:30 PM
    Updated 12/13/2022 - 2:22 PM
    https://economy-news.net/content.php?id=31317

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 6:25 pm