Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Will "soft power" succeed in bridging the rift between Kuwaitis and Iraqis?

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Will "soft power" succeed in bridging the rift between Kuwaitis and Iraqis? Empty Will "soft power" succeed in bridging the rift between Kuwaitis and Iraqis?

Post by Rocky Wed 26 Apr 2023, 3:20 pm

Will "soft power" succeed in bridging the rift between Kuwaitis and Iraqis?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2023-04-26 13:58
    Font

Shafaq News/ Several governmental, popular and individual Iraqi and Kuwaiti initiatives have taken place since 2003 until now in an attempt to heal the rift created by the previous regime by invading Kuwait more than 30 years ago, but some "sensitivity" still seems to exist among some, which is what artists are trying Of the two countries address through "soft power".

Kuwaiti actress Haya Al-Shuaibi sparked controversy on social media, after she declared during a television interview that Kuwaiti artists do not meet the requests of the Iraqi public to go to Iraq, on the contrary, as she responded by presenting her play "The Monster" in the capital, Baghdad.
    And "Al-Hosh", according to Iraqi and Kuwaiti media, is the first play in which Kuwaiti actors participate, to be shown in Iraq in more than 32 years, that is, since the Iraqi army's invasion of Kuwait in 1990.
    Al-Shuaibi also said that her play is of the type of “comedy horror”, and talks about “the necessity of Arab unity and the rejection of differences between the people of the same country,” considering that what “politics could not do, art can accomplish,” referring to the improvement of relations between the two Kuwaiti peoples. And the Iraqi.
    And she added, "Salvation, the guts of the stomach are collapsing. The bridge of love must return to the bridge of intimacy between us, and the beautiful and sweet days return... People have no fault."
    The Kuwaiti media, Fajr Al-Saeed, published part of Al-Shuaibi's interview, praising her move, which she described as "tremendous" in "presenting a joint Kuwaiti play in Baghdad."
    And she added in a tweet on Twitter, "I love the artist who opens horizons for him wider than his surroundings, these steps that bring the two peoples closer to each other with soft power ... their success is comparable to any diplomatic efforts."
    Some commentators on social media linked Al-Shuaibi's step to her mother's Iraqi nationality. Al-Shuaibi replied that she had not met her maternal uncles in Basra for forty years, adding, "They used to see me on TV. My grandmother used to wipe the screen with her abaya when she saw me and say (This is my daughter's daughter)."
    It is also mentioned that the Kuwaiti singer, Shams, performed many concerts in Iraq previously, and received from the people "an unparalleled welcome and generosity," as she said in one of her television interviews.
    In a television interview with Kuwaiti travel blogger Youssef Al-Rashed, he talks about the Iraqis' love and generosity for the Kuwaiti people, when he participated in the "Gulf 25" cup, stressing the geographical proximity and family ties between the two peoples.
    Regarding his visit to Baghdad four years ago, which he documented on his account on the "Snapchat" application, Al-Rashed said that he went despite many warnings from close associates because of the security situation there, and because of the sensitivities inherited since the invasion, with the presence of Kuwaitis who fell victims or were captured by Saddam's regime. Hussein.
    Al-Rashed was surprised by the welcome and generosity he received in Iraq, and decided to convey a message about the Iraqi people's irresponsibility for what his regime committed against the two countries and peoples, and that the Iraqis were victims of the previous regime just like the Kuwaitis, and that his visit to Baghdad was "positive without any negative attitude."
    Iraqi-Kuwaiti relations have witnessed tensions throughout the history of the founding of the two countries, as Saif al-Din al-Douri explains in his book “Iraq and Kuwait: Persistent and Inherited Crises,” as he wrote that “Iraq and Kuwait relations remained tense and crisis, since the founding of the Iraqi state in 1921 until 2015 (the year the book was published). )".
    The tension in relations was not due to the nature of the ruling regime in Iraq, as Douri asserts, nor "due to a dispute between the Baath Party and its leaders and the sheikhs of Kuwait, or between any political or religious party that assumed power in Iraq and any Kuwaiti authority."
    He added that the problem is "three dimensions: historical, geographical and economic," noting that "historical means the former ownership of Kuwait to Basra during the Ottoman era. Geographic means the problem of borders that have not been planned and demarcated. And economic related to the issue of oil wells extending between the two disputed states."
    The tension in relations extends to the world of art, as controversy always arises over the posts of Iraqi artists and artists in Kuwait and vice versa, against the background of the invasion of Kuwait in 1990, including what happened with the Iraqi artist Kazem Al-Saher.
    In 2017, a great media controversy arose on social media, regarding a party announced by Kazem El Saher in Kuwait after an absence of 28 years. Many Kuwaitis, including artists and media outlets, objected to Al-Saher's singing in Kuwait, because of his "support and endorsement of the former regime and his singing of Saddam Hussein."
    In response, Al-Saher published an audio recording calling on Iraqis and Kuwaitis to stop discussing and exchanging insults and insults, describing what he was subjected to as "an attack against him motivated by jealousy, hatred and envy, and the exploitation of the invasion of Kuwait in the matter that has been going on for years."
    He stressed, "I appreciate the great pain that our Kuwaiti people have suffered, and this is not acceptable to God or the innocent Iraqi people who have no fault of their own. They paid a very high price through years of siege, injustice, pain, suffering and wars."
    He concluded his message by saying, "I will keep singing for love and peace, and because I love you, I sing."
    Source / Raise your voice website
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 03 Oct 2024, 12:22 am