Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Researcher: The defection of MPs has put an end to the myth of “possession of the Sunni majority”

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Researcher: The defection of MPs has put an end to the myth of “possession of the Sunni majority” Empty Researcher: The defection of MPs has put an end to the myth of “possession of the Sunni majority”

Post by Rocky Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:30 am

Researcher: The defection of MPs has put an end to the myth of “possession of the Sunni majority”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

+A
    -A

Baghdad today - Baghdad
    Political affairs researcher Muhammad Ali Al-Hakim confirmed today, Thursday (June 6, 2024), that the announcement by a number of representatives of the Progress Bloc to defect from the bloc ended the claims of this bloc’s Sunni political majority .
    Al-Hakim told “Baghdad Today” that “over the past months, the Taqadum bloc has been saying that it represents the Sunni majority within the Iraqi parliament, even though the language of numbers says the opposite and shows that the tripartite Sunni alliance is the one representing that majority, but Taqadum was opposed to that.”
    He stated, "After representatives from the Progress bloc officially announced their defection from it, the Progress Bloc became one of the smallest Sunni blocs that have parliamentary representation, and this completely negates its right to demand the position of Speaker of Parliament. We also believe that the new bloc will be included in the tripartite Sunni alliance that includes both members of the Al-Azm Party. Sovereignty and decisiveness  .”
    The Takadum bloc had about 37 seats, while a number of representatives withdrew over the past two years, before 8 representatives withdrew from it today, along with 3 members of the Baghdad Provincial Council, headed by MP Ziyad al-Janabi, while observers estimate that the remaining number of Takadum representatives is currently only about 25 representatives. Out of approximately 90 Sunni representatives in Parliament.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07, 2024 5:26 am