Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Cowboys: Tony Romo Will Finally Get to Play In Eagles Game

jedi17
    jedi17

Cowboys: Tony Romo Will Finally Get to Play In Eagles Game Empty Cowboys: Tony Romo Will Finally Get to Play In Eagles Game

Post by jedi17 Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:40 pm

Cowboys: Tony Romo Will Finally Get to Play In Eagles Game

After much calculation, the Dallas Cowboys have reportedly told sources they intend to play quarterback Tony Romo at some point in the upcoming season finale against the Philadelphia Eagles. It will be the first time Romo sees the field in the regular season game in over a year. ESPN’s Adam Schefter said the following via twitter.

Rookie Dak Prescott has taken the mantle and ran with it since Tony Romo went down against the Seahawks with another back injury. After a season-opening loss to the New York Giants, Prescott reeled off eleven straight wins. Dallas currently has clinched the top seed in the NFC, while the rest of the conference scrambles for Playoff position.
    The Cowboys essentially have nothing to play for except health, so I’m surprised they aren’t flat out starting Tony Romo in this one to get an early jump on their 1st-round Bye. It was first reported that only backup Mark Sanchez would get playing time. Maybe Jerry Jones and company feel they owe it to Romo to let him go out there and show he can still play. Plus, it could be a ploy to elevate his trade value if they do somehow work a way around his contract and get something for him.
    AROUND COVER32
    QB Rankings: Who’s at the top as the season draws to a close?
    NFL Mailbag: Who’s facing the most offseason questions
    Winners and Losers: Christmas came early for several teams this weekend
    Prescott is still supposed to at least get the start, but it’s not in stone how much he will play in this one. I see the Cowboys treating this as another Preseason game. Tyron Smith, the Pro Bowl left tackle, is banged up and will benefit from the extended break.

Before, it didn’t make much sense to put Romo in this game. Prescott was still viewed as a lucky rookie after he lost to the Giants for the second time. After responding with the same moxy he has all season, Prescott has silenced most of the doubters. Even if Romo lights out, there’s almost nothing he can do to change the coaches’ minds. That’s likely the exact reason why he is going to finally get out there.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:23 am