Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Colorado Avalanche

jedi17
    jedi17

Colorado Avalanche Empty Colorado Avalanche

Post by jedi17 Wed 04 Jan 2017, 8:33 pm

Losing streak can't last forever
    January 4, 2017, 4:24 PM ET [33 Comments]
    Rick Sadowski
    Colorado Avalanche Col Colorado Avalanche Blogger • Avalanche Insider • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The Avalanche can't possibly lose every single game for the rest of the season, so perhaps they'll find a way to win Wednesday in Calgary in the finale of their two-game road trip.

Here are the GAME NOTES. 

The Avalanche (12-24-1) have lost four games in a row and nine of the past 10. They lost 6-3 to the Flames on Dec. 27 at the Pepsi Center.

Calvin Pickard will make his sixth consecutive start. He allowed 18 goals during a four-game losing streak since his 38-save, 2-1 overtime win in Chicago on Dec. 23. His overall numbers have taken quite a beating: 6-10-1 record, 3.14 goals-against average, .898 save percentage.

Pickard made 21 saves Monday when the Avalanche opened the trip with a 3-2 loss in Vancouver.

"I would say the last little bit now that Pick has settled in and knows he's going, he's got back to his old game and not trying to do too much, just being himself in the net," coach Jared Bednar told NHL.comafter the morning skate. "I think he put a bit of pressure on himself with (Semyon Varlamov) out."

Bednar said Varlamov (groin injury) has been skating on his own and doing off-ice work in Colorado.

"We'll see when we get back and try to figure out exactly what his timeline is going to be," Bednar said.

The Avalanche play the New York Islanders on Friday at the Pepsi Center, then will have five off says per their NHL "bye" period before playing Anaheim at home Jan. 12.

Defenseman Eric Gelinas (lower-body injury) and forward Andreas Martinsen (healthy scratch) won't play against the Flames.

Tyson Barrie has a goal and six assists in a five-game scoring streak.

Brian Elliott will be in goal for Calgary (20-17-2). He's allowed eight goals in a personal four-game winning streak. The Flames have won three of their past four games and are coming off a 4-2 win against Arizona on New Year's Eve.

The Avalanche lineup:

FORWARDS
    Gabriel Landeskog -- Nathan MacKinnon -- Rene Bourque
    Mikko Rantanen -- Matt Duchene -- Jarome Iginla
    Mikhail Grigorenko -- Carl Soderberg -- Blake Comeau
    Cody McLeod -- John Mitchell -- Joe Colborne

DEFENSE
    Fedor Tyutin -- Tyson Barrie
    Francois Beauchemin -- Nikita Zadorov
    Patrick Wiercioch -- Cody Goloubef

GOALIES
    Calvin Pickard