Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Ottawa Senators

jedi17
    jedi17

Ottawa Senators  Empty Ottawa Senators

Post by jedi17 Wed 11 Jan 2017, 6:30 pm

What is the Senators biggest need for the now?
    January 11, 2017, 11:46 AM ET [28 Comments]
    Jared Crozier
     Ottawa Senators  Ott
     Ottawa Senators Blogger • RSSArchiveCONTACT
    Follow @JCrozier_Sens

Senators GM Pierre Dorion is having meetings with his staff this week if Florida, with part of the meetings will focus on how to make the Senators better in the future, and the other main focus on how to make them better right now. 

On a team that is thin in terms of true top 6 forwards and top 4 defensemen, not to mention questions in goal, there are a lot of places that can use a band-aid solution if the Senators are going to be any type of threat in the post-season. Also, they are a key injury away from falling out of the race altogether because of the lack of depth at key positions. 

Up front, you could make a case for six guys being top 6 forwards, but out of Mark Stone, Mike Hoffman, Kyle Turris, Bobby Ryan, Derick Brassad, Zack Smith and Ryan Dzingel, how many top line players do the Senators really have. You could say all are top 6, but are any true top 3's? For my money I would say Stone is there, and Turris is close if not quite. They have plenty of role players, but the Senators are lacking elite level talent, and that isn't going to be readily available between now and the trade deadline. 

On defense, Erik Karlsson is what he is, and that isn't going to change. After that it is a house of cards that on some nights can be a solid unit, while on others they can be exposed badly. A lot of it hinges on Cody Ceci, who has been the target of some ire at the apparent stalling in his development. Some nights he looks ok, while others he looks completely lost. Yet Guy Boucher still puts him out there, increasing his minutes to the point where he even played more minutes than Karlsson did on Sunday night. The defense has been just ok so far, with a lot of room for improvement, especially at the offensive end. 

In goal, the uncertainty about how long Craig Anderson will be absent and if/when he does return how long it will be for and how long it will take him to get into top form puts a lot of pressure on Mike Condon. Condon has been great so far, but has shown signs of wearing down with a heavy workload, much like he did last season in Montreal. If Anderson can't return as expected is Andrew Hammond capable of taking some of the load off of Condon (when he finally returns from an injury of his own)?

There is a lot of excitement over what Colin White and Thomas Chabot might bring in the future, but that is something to look forward to next year more than having much impact (if any at all) this season. Either one might get a look when their seasons end, time permitting, but any true impact might be too much to anticipate or count on for this season. 

So while deals are sometimes hard to come by, so it is probably safe to say that they won't be able to address all of the needs...but which one is the most pressing? 

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 6:26 am