Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Montreal Canadiens

jedi17
    jedi17

Montreal Canadiens Empty Montreal Canadiens

Post by jedi17 Thu 09 Feb 2017, 7:34 pm

Habs hope to stop the bleeding against the Coyotes in the desert
    February 9, 2017, 2:07 PM ET [74 Comments]
    Jennifer B Cutler
     Montreal Canadiens Mon Montreal Canadiens Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Few could have anticipated that a February 9th match-up with the Arizona Coyotes would hold such meaning for the Montreal Canadiens. Should they lose to the 29th place team in the NHL then the panic button will inevitably be pushed as it would make for five consecutive losses in a row. If they play well and come out with a victory then they will have snapped their four game losing skid and order will be somewhat restored, at least until Saturday. In many ways this could be considered the most important game of the season for the Canadiens.

It is not that they simply lost four games in a row that is the problem. It is the manner in which they lost them. Aside from a decent showing in a losing effort to the Washington Capitals, the Canadiens have been outplayed by teams that are below them in the standings. The powerplay has dried up and the team is not generating nearly enough shots or scoring chances. The Canadiens are near full health and so injuries cannot be used as an excuse, despite the fact that they are 6-9-1 without Brendan Gallagher in the lineup. However, one has to ask if there would be such a sense of anxiousness if not for the recent firing of Claude Julien from the Boston Bruins? For Michel Therrien, the timing could not be worst as the Canadiens stumble has coincided with the sudden availability of someone whom is considered to be amongst the best coaches in the NHL.

To make matters worse for Therrien, it was discovered that general manager Marc Bergevin met privately with Carey Price, Max Pacioretty and Shea Weber, without the coach present.  

However, Richard Labbe points out that this is not all that uncommon:

It comes as no surprise that Bergevin wants to have a better pulse on the locker room. To make sure that his leadership core is still on the same page. This is not the players going to Bergevin leading a mutiny. How the players come out to play tonight though in the desert will have a lot to say about the future success of the team and what Bergevin feels he must do to improve the Canadiens. If Bergevin makes a move, it will more than likely be via trade rather than a coaching change. He is fiercely loyal and will want to give his head coach an opportunity with the best team that he can possibly assemble. Should the Canadiens continue to falter until the end of the season, only then do I believe that a coaching would be a real possibility.  

Many are also assuming that Claude Julien would want to return to the Canadiens for a second stint. There is no guarantee that he would welcome a return to Montreal. Perhaps he would prefer a fresh start in a totally new environment. Would fans still want to let go of Therrien if Julien is not an option?

Daniel Carr and Michael McCarron were recalled to add some jam to the Canadiens lineup. The team has been a little soft to say the least and the duo are strong fore checkers. I do not believe that they were called up to be showcased although the possibility of Martin Hanzal missing tonight’s game due to a virus only throws more fuel to the fire.

Mike Smith will get the start in net for the Coyotes while Price will start for the Canadiens.

McCarron will be put into a position to succeed as he will center the fourth line between Carr and Torrey Mitchell. Unsurprisingly David Desharnais and Brian Flynn are healthy scratches. Greg Pateryn will also return to the lineup as Nikita Nesterov is a healthy scratch for the first time with the Canadiens. I would not be surprised if Andrei Markov returns to the second defensive unit and plays with former partner Jeff Petry.  

Current date/time is Mon 16 Sep 2024, 3:43 pm