Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Washington Capitals

jedi17
    jedi17

Washington Capitals Empty Washington Capitals

Post by jedi17 Tue 14 Feb 2017, 7:48 pm

Some Capitals Themed Stats For Your Consumption 
    February 14, 2017, 3:11 PM ET [7 Comments]
    James Tanner
     Washington Capitals Was Washington Capitals Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The Capitlas are on their league-mandated holiday and don't play again until Saturday at Detroit.  

They enter their break the best team in the NHL, and on a six-game winning streak.  

They are also on a streak where they have scored 5+ goals for 11 straight games, at home. 

I'm not generally a huge fan of home/away records, as they seem somewhat arbitrary, but whatever, it's kind of cool.  

At worst, the Capitals will make it all the way to February 18th without losing this month.  

They have played 21 games since New Years, and have scored less than four goals only five times. (Three of which were against the Senators.)  

Other teams should clearly be watching tape of those games. If you ignore the Senators, the Capitals have scored at least four goals in 16 of their last 18 games.  

They are 18-2-1 since New Years. 

Of those 18 wins, only three were not in regulation.  

The Coyotes are yet to win back-to-back regulation games this season. 

Here's the Capitals "gamescores" which really show their depth. 

A Game Score is created by Dominic Galamini , who also created Hero Charts. It's an attempt to measure all aspects of a players performance and crunch them into a single number, like WAR for baseball. If you go to his Twitter he has links to his website which explains it all. It's actually pretty awesome, if that's your kind of thing.  

This second chart shows the entire NHL. 

This one is interesting because Ovechkin and Backstrom, the two best Capitals, are not ranked all that highly. Goes to show the impact of their depth.  

Also interesting to note Leafs rookie Auston Matthews has been the 18th best player in the NHL overall. I actually would have thought he'd be higher, but he has been in a bit of a slump recently I guess.  

Even crazier, David Pasternik outperforming Connor McDavid.  

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 4:46 pm