Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Washington Capitals

jedi17
    jedi17

Washington Capitals Empty Washington Capitals

Post by jedi17 Tue 14 Mar 2017, 7:34 pm

Washington Losing Streak No Big Deal
    March 13, 2017, 2:41 PM ET [25 Comments]
    James Tanner
    Washington Capitals Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    I'm sure somewhere somebody is on AM radio ranting about how acquiring Kevin Shattenkirk really screwed the chemistry of the Capitals and contributed to their recent losing streak.

A nice narrative, but it's a little bit more than far fetched - it's an outright stupid theory.

The Capitals are a great team - most likely even the best team in the NHL - but they're not the team that scored six goals per game while hardly allowing a goal from (pretty much) Christmas to Valentines day.

No team could keep that up. So when the Capitals suddenly can't score and they are on a four game losing streak - it's just part of the ebb and flow of an 82 game hockey season. It certainly isn't something we should ascribe panicky labels to.

As the chart above illustrates, the Capitals were simultaneously scoring and preventing goals at crazy rates.

A return to the norm is inevitable.

Shattenkirk didn't ruin the chemistry.

Burakovsky wasn't way more important than you thought.

Nate Schmidt wasn't the secret key to success.

Ovechkin didn't suddenly do five years of declining all at once.

He is simply not scoring for who knows what reason. I can pretty much assure you it's not because Kevin Shattenkirk upset his chemistry set.

Several factors have beset the Capitals all at once and now they are on a losing streak. But there is no reason to think it's anything they won't bounce back from.

Things don't really get any easier as they return from their California trip to play Minnesota and Nashville.

At the end of the day, if you can lose four in a row and maintain your First Place Ranking in the standings, then you're doing OK.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 6:41 pm