Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

HockeyBuzz Hotstove

jedi17
    jedi17

HockeyBuzz Hotstove Empty HockeyBuzz Hotstove

Post by jedi17 Mon 06 Mar 2017, 6:24 pm

Most entertaining team in the NHL?
    March 6, 2017, 11:31 AM ET [35 Comments]
    HockeyBuzz Hotstove
    RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddCordell

In this edition of the hotstove, we share our picks for the most entertaining teams in hockey this season.

Todd Cordell

For me, it has been the Toronto Maple Leafs from Day 1.

They have three elite rookies, are loaded with high-end talent and they play a very fast-paced, up-tempo style that means leads are never safe regardless of who has them. Only Pittsburgh has generated more 5v5 scoring chances than the Leafs this year while they sit 26th in scoring chances allowed. They remind me a lot of the 15-16 Dallas Stars, except this team can actually get a save now and then.

Another team I've really enjoyed this year: Winnipeg. They score a ton of goals, they give up a ton of goals, and Dustin Byfuglien sends a couple people flying on a nightly basis. If not anything else, the Jets are entertaining.

John Jaeckel

Edmonton.

Connor McDavid is an unreal talent. But I also enjoy watching Leon Draisaitl and Adam Larsson. This is a team on the rise that plays the game at high speed. They could also surprise someone in the first round of the playoffs. 

My runner-up would be the Capitals. They are tremendously deep and combine skill with a heavy style on literally four lines.

Adam French

The Pittsburgh Penguins*

*When Healthy

I've found myself really enjoying watching the Capitals, Lightning and for some reason the Ducks in recent years, but I have to admit that the Penguins are my choice.

I don't actually like the Penguins to be honest. Often I cheer against them, like in that insanity on ice that was the Penguins vs Flyers a few years ago. However, one thing I can't say is that they aren't entertaining. Having two of the most dominant players in the game helps. Add to that Letang and Kessel who are near that category. Then you have younger players clearly relishing their chances to play with Crosby and Malkin like Sheary. 

The Penguins are an exciting four line team with basically four players at/around superstar status. They have interesting depth on the blueline and move the puck well. Plus they are coached to be an exciting team. They score a lot and if you're not involved emotionally with a team, that tends to be a good place to start in being excited by another.

I will say this though, Matt Murray is much less exciting than MA Fleury and for all the right reasons if you're a Penguins fan.

James Tanner

The Leafs by far. They have the fastest game-pace in the NHL and whether it's Gardiner, Rielly, Matthews, Marner, Kadri or Nylander, they have a half-dozen players worth the price of admission who are always fun to watch. 

They also can't play defensive so all their games seem like they're 10-9. If you like offense and the fun of watching several of the most purely talented hockey players alive, the Maple Leafs are the team for you. 

Honorable mention to the Ottawa Senators. Hahahahahahahahhahh Just kidding!!

Peter Tessier

There's a couple for me that I go out of the way to watch aside from the Jets- the first is the Canucks basically because that's who I covered before and also being from Vancouver. The other is the Leafs because I like seeing what the Toronto social media hype machine is getting all amped up about. The Habs probably come in a close third for similar reasons.

While the Canucks are far from the most interesting team to watch they have some intrigue based on the coach, coaching decisions and the new acquisition of Goldobin. However compared to the Leafs and Habs and the drama that comes with them by the fans and media it's no contest as to which teams offer more intrigue.

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 10:22 pm