Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Should Jarome Iginla play another year?

jedi17
    jedi17

Should Jarome Iginla play another year? Empty Should Jarome Iginla play another year?

Post by jedi17 Fri 24 Mar 2017, 8:32 pm

Should Jarome Iginla play another year?
    March 24, 2017, 11:59 AM ET [15 Comments]
    HockeyBuzz Hotstove
    RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddCordell

Jarome Iginla accepted a trade to the Los Angeles Kings because he thought they had a shot at the playoffs and wanted to chase the Stanley Cup. Obviously, things didn't work out and he isn't going to get that opportunity.

In this edition of the hotstove we discuss whether Iginla should play another year or call it a career.

Todd Cordell

I'd like to see Iginla play another year and have one last kick at the can.

He is nowhere close to the player he once was but he is still a solid shooter and can fill the net if you get him the puck in a good spot.

I admire the way he carries himself/competes and don't want to see a great career end with him spending the majority of the season stuck on one of the worst hockey teams I have ever seen.

I'd say Los Angeles is probably a good bounce back candidate next season so signing on for one year with them makes sense. If they're somehow out of it at the deadline, do him a favor and trade him to a contender for pennies so he gets one more chance to be a part of something special. He's earned it.

Adam French

I think he should wait out the off-season and figure out if he has anything left. At this point he is basically a third liner at best that can shoot the puck on the power play if you enter the zone and give him enough time to glide into place. My issue is that as a fourth liner I think he can be effective in the playoffs, but Iginla has pride and I doubt he wants to play that role. Maybe if he was on a "guaranteed" contender like the Blackhawks or Penguins or Capitals etc. but I don't think he fits into any of their plans.

The Blackhawks are adding youth in the bottom-six with Schmaltz, Hartman, Hayden and Hinostroza. They don't need to get slower.

The Penguins are all about speed and even the veteran players they bring in are fast (Cullen).

The Capitals already rolled the dice on an extremely slow skating ex-All-Star in Mike Richards and it was a failure. I know they aren't the same player, but it's a similar principle.

I think it's time to hang them up, but this would be a sour note to go out on with the worst season of his entire career. I'd much rather see a last gasp of "Iginla the Minor Piece" and not "Iginla the Saviour."

Peter Tessier

Father time is catching up with Iggy and no one really wants to see it happen but it is. Iginla probably waited too long to get out of Calgary and take his runs with contenders and that's fine but costly for him. The icing on the cake was taking the contract with Colorado- what was his agent thinking?

I think Iginla has a role and that's as some sort of spiritual advisor and that would only be with the Flames. Give him a 1 years deal for 1.5 million and let him finish out his career where it all began- that's the only way this should finish for him now.

James Tanner

I would like to see Iginla back again to chase the dream. He might not be great anymore but he's still better than most fourth line players and if he wants to keep going I'll be happy to watch.

Current date/time is Mon 18 Mar 2024, 9:12 pm