Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New Jersey Devils

jedi17
    jedi17

New Jersey Devils Empty New Jersey Devils

Post by jedi17 Sat 25 Mar 2017, 7:26 pm

G74 New Jersey Devils vs Carolina Hurricanes: Spoil the party
    March 25, 2017, 11:22 AM ET [9 Comments]
    Todd Cordell
    New Jersey Devils Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddCordell

The New Jersey Devils are not going to the playoffs this year. That much we know.

The Carolina Hurricanes, however, still have a shot at getting to the dance. They have quietly gone 6-1-3 in their last 10 games and jumped back into the race as a result.

With a win tonight, and a little help around the league, the Hurricanes could be as few as three points out and still have a game (or two) in hand over the team they're chasing for the 2nd Wild Card spot, depending on how things play out. There is a lot on the line for the Hurricanes in this one.

The Devils may not have anything to play for in the way of standings but they have a plethora of kids trying to establish themselves as NHL regulars and a handful of guys trying to earn new contracts.

There is still plenty of reason for most of the players on the roster to be motivated and I expect that to show in the effort, as it has over the last few games (about the same time all the kids were given prominent roles).

Again, the Devils aren't going to the playoffs but they might as well take the Hurricanes down with them.

Here are the expected line combinations for New Jersey:

Taylor Hall - Travis Zajac - Kyle Palmieri
    Joseph Blandisi - Adam Henrique - Beau Bennett
    John Quenneville - Pavel Zacha - Stefan Noesen
    Miles Wood - Blake Coleman - Blake Pietila

John Moore - Damon Severson
    Andy Greene - Ben Lovejoy
    Jon Merrill - Steve Santini

Cory Schneider

And the expected lines for the Hurricanes (via dailyfaceoff.com):

Brock McGinn - Jordan Staal - Teuvo Teravainen
    Sebastian Aho - Elias Lindholm - Phil Di Giuseppe
    Jeff Skinner - Derek Ryan - Lee Stempniak
    Joakim Nordstrom - Victor Rask - Patrick Brown

Noah Hanifin - Justin Faulk
    Jaccob Slavin - Ryan Murphy
    Klas Dahlbeck - Brett Pesce

Cam Ward

A few notes:

1) Slavin is quietly having a very strong season and has developed into one of the better young defensemen in the league. His relative possession numbers are excellent and he has more 5v5 points than the likes of Roman Josi, Duncan Keith, Zach Werenski, P.K. Subban, Drew Doughty and Shea Weber, among many others.

2) Zacha is riding a six-game point streak and playing his best hockey of the season. It'd be fun to see him keep it going against one of the teams that passed on him at the draft.

3) Carolina has the NHL's 2nd best penalty kill and they lead the league in 4v5 scoring chances and goals per 60 minutes. The Devils will have to be careful when up a man because the Hurricanes really like to press.

Tonight's game is scheduled for 7:00 and can be seen on FS-CR and MSG+2.

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 3:19 am