Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Which team will win the Pacific Division?

jedi17
    jedi17

Which team will win the Pacific Division? Empty Which team will win the Pacific Division?

Post by jedi17 Mon 27 Mar 2017, 7:19 pm

Which team will win the Pacific Division?
    March 27, 2017, 11:34 AM ET [15 Comments]
    HockeyBuzz Hotstove
    RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddCordell

The Anaheim Ducks, San Jose Sharks, and Edmonton Oilers are within two points of each other for top spot in the Pacific.

In this edition of the hotstove, we share our thoughts on which team will sit atop division when the regular season reaches its end.

Todd Cordell

Give me the Ducks.

They have been playing great hockey of late winning 8 of their last 10 games and controlling ~55% of the 5v5 scoring chances (3rd most) during that stretch. They're outplaying teams nightly, Ryan Getzlaf is a point scoring machine and Jonathan Bernier is giving them great goaltending.

Meanwhile, the Sharks have lost six in a row, (possibly) lost Logan Couture to injury and their goaltenders are struggling mightily.

The Edmonton Oilers might be able to make things interesting but I just don't see the Ducks letting the division title slip through their hands. They're playing too well.

Peter Tessier

With The Ducks on top with 93 points the following race of Anaheim (7GR), San Jose (6GR), Edmonton (7GR) and Calgary (7GR) is going to be tight.

Calgary plays San Jose twice and the Ducks and no patsy like Vancouver. That might be the advantage the other teams have over Calgary, they all play Vancouver once with San Jose and Edmonton playing them twice. Anaheim gets a break though with Winnipeg in there but has a lucky game against Chicago to even it all up while San Jose has one against the Rangers.

So this comes down to the schedule and who manages wins against the likely targets.

Calgary goes 5-2-1 for 98 points
    Anaheim goes 5-2-1 for 104 points
    San Jose goes 4-2 for 103 points
    Edmonton goes 3-3-1 for 98 points

Too bad there won't be a one game playoff as the battle of Alberta: Winner takes all edition.

Recent posts:

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 1:36 am