Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Calgary Flames

jedi17
    jedi17

Calgary Flames Empty Calgary Flames

Post by jedi17 Mon 27 Mar 2017, 7:20 pm

G76 Calgary Flames vs Colorado Avalanche: Pile up the points
    March 27, 2017, 11:22 AM ET [21 Comments]
    Todd Cordell
    Calgary Flames Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddCordell

Last time out the Calgary Flames snapped their mini two-game losing streak squeaking by a scorching hot St. Louis Blues team in overtime.

They'll look to build on that by picking up a much-needed two points tonight when they host the Colorado Avalanche.

The Flames are three points back of San Jose/Edmonton for 2nd in the Pacific Division, which would give them home-ice advantage in the opening round.

Three points isn't a big number but there is not a lot of racetrack remaining so the Flames really need to pick it up if they're going to catch those teams. They can't afford to drop points, especially against teams like the Avalanche.

While the record suggests the Avs are still playing atrocious hockey -- they have lost seven of their last 10 -- they have actually made some strides of late.

Over the last 10 games, they're controlling almost 50% of the shot attempts and out-chancing their opponents at 5v5. They've just dealt with .888 goaltending in that span, which has ensured no reward for their efforts.

They're not a good team but they are playing a little better. The Flames might be surprised if they take the Avs lightly.

Here are the expected line combinations for the Flames:

Matthew Tkachuk - Mikael Backlund - Michael Frolik
    Johnny Gaudreau - Sean Monahan - Micheal Ferland
    Kris Versteeg - Sam Bennett - Troy Brouwer
    Lance Bouma - Matt Stajan - Alex Chiasson

Mark Giordano - Dougie Hamilton
    T.J. Brodie - Michael Stone
    Matt Bartkowski - Deryk Engelland

Brian Elliott

And the expected lines for the Avs (via dailyfaceoff.com):

Gabriel Landeskog - Matt Duchene - Rene Bourque
    Sven Andrighetto - Nathan MacKinnon - Mikko Rantanen
    John Mitchell - Carl Soderberg - Blake Comeau
    Mikhail Grigorenko - J.T. Compher - Joe Colborne

Erik Johnson - Mark Barberio
    Fedor Tyutin - Tyson Barrie
    Anton Lindholm - Francois Beauchemin

Calvin Pickard

A few notes:

1) The Flames and Avalanche are both top-10 in 5v5 scoring chance suppression over the last 10 games. Don't expect them to trade Grade A looks in this one.

2) The 3M line dismantled the Blues last time out (chances were 10-2 CGY with them on the ice) but they weren't rewarded on the scoresheet. I think it'll be a different story tonight.

3) Through two meetings thus far, the Flames are up by six goals and 22 shots on aggregate. Like most teams, the Flames have had the Avs' number thus far,

Tonight's game is scheduled for 9:00 eastern and can be seen on SNW and Altitude.

Current date/time is Mon 18 Mar 2024, 9:01 pm