Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Nashville Predators

jedi17
    jedi17

Nashville Predators  Empty Nashville Predators

Post by jedi17 Mon 27 Mar 2017, 7:22 pm

Game Night in Brooklyn
    March 27, 2017, 9:13 AM ET [13 Comments]
    Paul McCann
    Nashville Predators Blogger • Predators Radio Network • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The regular season is winding down and the Western Conference playoff picture is coming into focus… at least when you look at matchups. The LA Kings are the only team that might be able to crack the party, but their hopes are flickering… Tonight’s game in Brooklyn is critical for both the Nashville Predators and the New York Islanders. The Islanders are one of four teams fighting for one playoff spot. They are two points behind the Boston Bruins, who they lost to on Saturday and are also fighting off a challenge from Tampa Bay and Carolina. The Predators are in control of their playoff seed by just continuing to win as they hold a one point lead over St. Louis in the Central for the 3rd slot.

It’s Game 75 and this is the first game of the season between these two teams with the rematch scheduled for the home closer in Smashville in 8 days. New York is led by John Tavares, he holds the team points lead and is tied for the team lead in goals with Anders Lee. This Islanders team was floating until Doug Weight took over behind the bench in January.

You could argue that this back-to-back begins one of the toughest stretches of the season for Nashville. The Islanders and Boston, then back home for the Maple Leafs, a Saturday home game against Minnesota then a Sunday roadies against St. Louis. Sheesh… five games in seven days against playoff caliber teams… not an easy task.

The Predators have an opportunity to have two 30 goal scorers as Filip Forsberg has 29, Viktor Arvidsson has 28 and given that he is heating up, James Neal, with 23, has an outside chance to knock on that door as well. The other players to watch is the third line of Colton Sissons, Colin Wilson and Craig Smith who have found chemistry quickly when Mike Fisher went down with an injury.

No word on the goaltender matchup, I expect Juuse Saros to get one of the games on this back-to-back… if previous patterns hold, I would expect to see him tonight and Rinne tomorrow., but we should get a better idea after day of game skate. Gamer time is 6pm central, pregame starts at 5pm on the radio, 5:30pm on TV.

-----------------------------------

ICYMI - Make sure you check out the SlapShot Radio Facebook page for the latest Sunday Shots as SSR’s intrepid photographer was capturing the color and the fun of a Smashville Saturday Night.

All photos courtesy Denise McCann Photography

----------------------------------

Random Notes

- Where We Stand – After yesterday’s play, the Nashville Predators have 87 points in 74 games played and remain in the 3rd spot in the Central, leading the Blues by a single point. Per sportsclubstats.com, the Predators playoff chances are at 99.7%.

- Impact Game(s) Tonight - ARI @ STL – The Blues Tour de Cupcake continues as the Arizona Coyotes hit the Gateway City. Should be an easy one for St. Louis.

- If the Playoffs Started Today - As the 3 seed in the Central, the Predators would play the Minnesota Wild in the first round. Chicago continues to lead the Western Conference and Central Division by seven points.

- Teams that have clinched playoff spots - No new clinches last night… Five down, 11 to go… Washington, Chicago, Columbus, Pittsburgh and Minnesota have punched their tickets.

- Playoff “Tragic Numbers” - In the West… Dallas = 1, Winnipeg = 1, Los Angeles = 8. In the East… Carolina = 14, Tampa Bay = 14, New York Islanders = 15. (Stick tap to Damian Echecarrieta for this data)

- Three consecutive games against teams fighting for their Eastern Conference playoff lives, tough stretch for the Preds.

- Credit where it is due… the content on the Predators website continues to improve, especially with the addition of John Glennon to the contributors. He has an excellent piece on PK Subban that he posted on the site yesterday.

- I truly cannot believe how many “fans” are coming out defending Michael Haley’s punch to the face of Call Jarnkrok Saturday night. Jarnkrok executed a dangerous hit that is above question… But Haley’s actions were reprehensible, no challenge to fight, just a punch… SMH.

- The Pacific Division has been turned upside down as Anaheim took the lead over San Jose and Edmonton, all three teams have played 75 games, the Ducks have 93 points, the Sharks and Oilers have 91.

- Six games in the NHL tonight, all times CST – 6pm – DET @ CAR, FLA @ BUF, NSH @ NYI. 6:30pm – CHI @ TBL. 7pm – ARI @ STL. 8pm – COL @ CGY.

------------------------------------

-------------------------------------

SSR’s season nine is on, our next show is Wednesday at 7pm on 102.5 the Game. SlapShot Radio is the longest running hockey show in the mid-south and Pete Weber and I bring you the best in hockey talk all season long.

SlapShot Radio has been delivering great hockey talk to the most energetic and engaged fans in radio and advertising with us drives results. Our premier sponsors include day one sponsor Dr. Jane Bacon at Hermitage Family and Cosmetic Dentistry … make your appointment at (615) 872-7762, Mark Lonsway at ReMax Fine Homes, call him for all your real estate needs at (615) 207-7799, and TurfMasters… check out their great service at TurfMasters.com.

Advertisers… reach out to me in order to access our activated listener base though great advertising deals available when you email me at paul(@)slapshotradio(dot)com

You can also keep up with all the goings on with SlapShot Radio by following the show on Twitter @SlapShotRadio1 … Also... make sure to "like" SlapShot Radio on Facebook... here's the link.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 1:10 am