Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Washington Capitals

jedi17
    jedi17

Washington Capitals  Empty Washington Capitals

Post by jedi17 Wed 29 Mar 2017, 5:13 pm

Ovechkin has Three Goals + Worst Matchup Imaginable
    March 29, 2017, 3:01 PM ET [19 Comments]
    James Tanner
    Washington Capitals Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    This has been a great week for the NHL.

First, the Lightning came back and beat the Blackhawks after being down 4-1 in one of the best games of the year so far.

Then, last night, the Capitals and the Wild - two of the NHL's best teams, even if the Wild are in a drought - played another 5-4 overtime game. Possibly topping the Lightning game.

And let's talk about the Lightning for a second, before getting into the Caps. They have missed Stamkos for the entire season and they're only going to miss the Playoffs by a bit - if they do miss them.

At worst, Stamkos is a top ten centre, possibly top-ten player. He's crazy good. If the Lightning can make the Playoffs without him (or almost make them) it's reasonable to conclude that they are then one of the NHL's best teams with him in the lineup.

Furthermore, they traded players away at the deadline, then got hit with injuries to Tyler Johnson and a few other starters and are still almost making it.

I am telling you, if they pull this off and suddenly get back Stamkos and Johnson, it is really going to suck for the Capitals if that's their opening round opponent.

"Hey we're glad you won the President's trophy as the best team in the NHL, here, play the second best team as a reward."

While you can't blame the NHL for this one - it's just bad luck - it's possibly worse than if the Penguins have to open up against the Blue Jackets, and definitely worse than Montreal having to face the Rangers.

As for Tampa, the window to win in the NHL is always going to be small, and so I really do hope they get Stamkos back in time to make a run - the NHL is better when it's best teams are the best.

Back to last night's game:

The Caps won, which puts them three up on Columbus with seven games to play.

Ovechkin had three goals and an assist, Johansson had four points, Backstrom three, and Oshie had two goals as well.

Holtby got his 40th win, and there was some kind of record involved, but who cares? No ties ruined those records.

Anyways, sweet game between two great teams and if Washington has to face off against the Lightning, that sucks!

Thanks for reading.

Current date/time is Mon 18 Mar 2024, 10:34 pm