Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Should the San Jose Sharks be worried about their recent play?

jedi17
    jedi17

Should the San Jose Sharks be worried about their recent play? Empty Should the San Jose Sharks be worried about their recent play?

Post by jedi17 Wed 29 Mar 2017, 5:18 pm

Should the San Jose Sharks be worried about their recent play?
    March 29, 2017, 11:04 AM ET [7 Comments]
    HockeyBuzz Hotstove
    RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddCordell

The San Jose Sharks have lost six of their last seven games and are in danger of having to open on the road come playoff time.

In this edition of the hotstove, we discuss whether the Sharks/their fans should be worried about this recent stretch.

Todd Cordell

I don't think it's time to panic just yet -- the ship can be righted -- but there is some cause for concern.

Losing Logan Couture, who is 3rd on the team in scoring, really hurts and their forward core looks a lot less potent without him. Martin Jones and Aaron Dell haven't given the Sharks good goaltending of late, either, and we all know how much that gets magnified come playoff time.

In saying that, there may be light at the end of the tunnel. Nothing has come easy for the Sharks during this rough patch (they out-chanced the Rangers by 14 at 5v5 last night and still barely squeezed out a win, for example) but they have won the 5v5 battle more often than not. If they can carry play at full-strength, and Jones decides to make a save or two, they will still be a tough out for anyone. I don't think they're going to limp into the playoffs and roll over once they get there.

Adam French

Yes, the Sharks should be worried. They are Paper Tigers. Aside from Burns and Pavelski, every single Shark has taken a step back.

Thornton had arguably his best season in years last season and while still good, is definitely showing some age this year. While he has never been a goal scorer...I think one can hope that he scores more than seven goals this year. Especially given that THREE are Empty Net Goals. Plus one on the Power Play, so essentially he has as many Even Strength Goals as he does Empty Netters.

Hansen has three points in nine games since joining the Sharks (two last night) and hasn't exactly been the "final" piece.

Boedker looked like a huge get but has been an unmitigated disaster if we're being honest. With just nine goals and twenty-four points, Boedker is on pace for his worst season since...well ever actually. Maybe his nineteen year old sophomore season can be considered worse.

Marleau despite his twenty-six goals is certainly showing his age.

Young players like Hertl and Donskoi haven't taken the next step, though injuries haven't helped.

Ward looks like a shadow of his former self.

The team lacks balance and losing Couture is a disaster. I don't like their chances at a repeat and if I'm in the Pacific, I don't mind matching up against them.

Current date/time is Mon 18 Mar 2024, 9:02 pm