Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

San Jose Sharks

jedi17
    jedi17

San Jose Sharks Empty San Jose Sharks

Post by jedi17 Tue 14 Mar 2017, 7:32 pm

Joe Pavelski named NHL First Star and Sharks show interest in college FA
    March 14, 2017, 1:10 AM ET [0 Comments]
    Steve Palumbo
    San Jose Sharks Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    San Jose Sharks' captain Joe Pavelski had himself a nice week and the NHL noticed by naming him its first start for last week.

The 32-year-old had five goals and an assist in four games and it wasn't as though Pavelski was picking up garbage points either. He put together three multi-point games during the stretch. He collected two game-winning goals and scored both a shorthanded and power play goal. Pavelski also became the answer to a trivia question when he scored the goal that handed Joe Thornton his 1,000th career assist.

As a Sharks' fan you probably has come to expect excellence for the captain, but at 32 he stills continues to shine on the score sheet. In 68 games, Pavelski has 26 goals and 61 points and is tied for fifth in the league in game-winning goals with seven.

Anaheim Ducks goalie Jonathan Bernier was the NHL’s Second Star and Ottawa Senators defenseman Erik Karlsson was the Third Star.

It's the second time in Pavelski's career he's been recognized with an NHL First Star.

Are the Sharks in the market for more fire power?

Really, who isn't in the market for more fire power? According to NHL insider Bob McKenzie, the Sharks are among several suitors hoping to sign graduating Northeastern University star Zach Aston-Reese to an entry-level deal.

If the Sharks are indeed in the hunt - it could be a big win for GM Doug Wilson and company. The 22-year-old center/winger is a highly coveted undrafted unrestricted free agent coming out of college and considered a solid two-way player with offensive upside.

Aston-Reese just completed a season in which he scored 31 goals and added 32 assists in just 38 games.

Despite the prospect of having a shiny new toy in teal, the chances are pretty slim Aston-Reese signs with the Sharks. San Jose has been showcasing its bevy of young talent throughout this entire season. That may not appeal to Aston-Reese. The idea of signing with a team who may or many not play you right away probably doesn't sound very enticing to somebody that fancies themselves as NHL ready.

According to McKenzie's tweet we may not have to wait long for Aston-Reese's decision. He is expected to decide in the next day or so.

I won't hold my breath.

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 8:34 am