Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

San Jose Sharks

jedi17
    jedi17

San Jose Sharks  Empty San Jose Sharks

Post by jedi17 Thu 15 Jun 2017, 5:16 pm

Shark Bites: Boughner, Jones, Marleau and more
    June 14, 2017, 12:45 PM ET [5 Comments]
    Steve Palumbo
    San Jose Sharks Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The Stanley Cup Final is over and the fun is about the begin. This summer is gearing up to be one for the ages -between the expansion draft, NHL draft and the countless players expected to be on the move. Fun times indeed.

While all is extremely silent on the western front today, San Jose should be one of the teams to grab a share of the headlines during these dog days leading up to the draft and July 1. With Ilya Kovalchuk rumors swirling and the possibility of losing both Jumbo Joe and Mr. Shark, the water up north is as murky as its every been.

In the meantime I've put together a list of recent happenings and notes to kill the time.

- First, Bob Boughner...

Pete Deboer lost a good soldier in Boughner. The boogeyman takes over the bench duties in Florida. He was named the Panthers new coach on Monday. He spent the last couple of seasons under Deboer and gets his first crack at being an NHL coach with a decent Florida club, the same team Deboer broke in with.

The former NHLer coached Windsor of the Ontario Hockey League for eight seasons and won the Memorial Cup in 2009 and 2010. He also served under Scott Arniel's staff in 2010-11 in Columbus.

"I always wanted to coach at the end of my career," Boughner said. "I worked hard at it and spent a lot of time developing players. I put in my time and I'm ready. I learned the craft and I have a lot of knowledge of the League. I'm going to make the organization proud, and I'm going to make the fans proud."

Good luck in Florida. I think its a great move for both Boughner and the Panthers. I wonder if he got a chance to pick Deboer's brain before heading the Sunshine State?

- I know a lot has been made about both Thornton and Marleau taking their talents elsewhere, but I'm starting to think both could be back. My belief was supported further when the Sharks official social media accounts updated the cover photo with a pic featuring Jumbo Joe front and center celebrating with Brent Burns, Joe Pavelski and Marleau. The big 4 together like one big happy family. Good enough for me.

- Adidas is taking over as the NHL's jersey provider and teams have been teasing their new looks all week. Then Sharks shared a glimpse of the new jersey with the words "Form the Future" laid over it.

Check it out below...

Doesn't look like much has changed, but fresh duds for a fresh start is, well, refreshing.

- Word is Martin Jones contract extension is a priority and could be done sooner than later. Jones' current deal will expire after next season and the team has made it known that keeping their keeper long term is a priority. NHL insider Pierre Lebrun believes a new deal could be done by July.

Jones has been a big part of the Sharks success over the last two seasons and his play was instrumental in the clubs run towards its first Final appearance two seasons ago.

That's all the news fit to print today.

Thanks for reading,
    Steve

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 8:18 pm