Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

IS leader killed while attempting to escape via Tigris River

jedi17
    jedi17

IS leader killed while attempting to escape via Tigris River Empty IS leader killed while attempting to escape via Tigris River

Post by jedi17 Mon 10 Jul 2017, 5:58 pm

IS leader killed while attempting to escape via Tigris River

by  Elwy Elmanzalawy
    Jul 10, 2017, 3:19 pm
    SHARES
    Tweet
    Reddit

An Iraqi special forces soldier fires at a drone operated by Islamic State militants Islamic State militants in Mosul, March 2017. REUTERS/Goran Tomasevic
    Report Ad

Mosul (IraqiNews.com) Watheq al-Hamadani, Nineveh police chief, told Shafaaq News on Monday that the Nineveh police has killed Sallam Ghanem Abdullah Sultan, a leader in the Islamic State (IS).

Sultan was killed while he was attempting to cross the western side of the Tigris River at Yarimja region, in southeast of Mosul.

The Iraqi forces had started the campaign to restore the City of Mosul on 17 October, backed by the US-led international coalition against the terror group in Iraq and Syria, with about 100,000 fighters from the Iraqi forces, Peshmerga and al-Hashd al-Shaabi.

On Sunday, the Iraqi Prime Minister, Haider al-Abadi, arrived in Mosul, where he met with security leaders and offered congratulations for their victory over Islamic State.

State TV aired scenes of the prime minister’s arrival at the Nineveh Operations Command in the city in preparation for a press conference.

The long-awaited victory in Mosul brought an eight-month campaign, backed by a U.S.-led coalition and paramilitary forces, to an end. It also means an effective collapse of the Islamic State’s self-styled “caliphate” declared from the Old City’s Grand Nuri al-Kabeer mosque by the group’s supreme leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in 2014.

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 3:21 pm