Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Washington: Iran is meddling with money in the Iraqi elections

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Washington: Iran is meddling with money in the Iraqi elections Empty Washington: Iran is meddling with money in the Iraqi elections

Post by Rocky Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:16 am

[size=32]
    Washington: Iran is meddling with money in the Iraqi elections[/size]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]    

2 hours ago

(Reuters) - US Defense Secretary Jim Matisse has criticized Iran for "interfering" in the upcoming Iraqi elections and trying to influence voters in favor of pro-Tehran candidates. 
    Speaking to reporters on his way back from his trip to Amman, Afghanistan and Bahrain, Mattis said the officials he met were worried about Iran's behavior. 
    "There is something clear and frank about Iran's lack of confidence," Matisse said, speaking of "evidence of Iran's efforts to destabilize." 
    "I heard that when I was in Afghanistan, you know what is happening to the Iranian support for Assad (Syrian President) Now Iran is following the example of Russia and (f) intervening in the Iraqi elections." 
    "Iran is trying to influence the Iraqi elections by means of money, which is used to influence candidates to influence the vote," Matisse said.

"Iran must allow the Iraqis to choose their future," the US defense secretary said. 
    On the other hand, Matisse admitted that Iranian military vessels have been acting less aggressively for US ships in the Gulf for months.

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Washington: Iran is meddling with money in the Iraqi elections Empty Matisse: We have evidence of Iran's interference in the Iraqi elections

Post by Rocky Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:58 am

Matisse: We have evidence of Iran's interference in the Iraqi elections
    March 16 2018 10:34 p
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [rtl][rtl]US Defense Secretary James Matisse[/rtl]
    [/rtl]
    Follow-Up

US Defense Secretary James Matisse accused Iran of trying to influence and interfere in Iraq's parliamentary elections scheduled for next May.

"We have disturbing evidence that Iran is trying to influence the Iraqi elections by using money, and these funds are used to influence the candidates and the votes," Matisse told reporters on his way back from a tour of Oman and Afghanistan and Bahrain, without giving details of who Iran seeks to influence them.

"There are not a few money on what we believe, which in our view is not very useful," he said, calling on Tehran to "let the Iraqis decide their future."

Matisse said that the officials he met in the region were concerned about Iran's behavior, and that there was something "clear and frank, which is a lack of confidence in Tehran," stressing "the availability of evidence in his country on Iran's efforts to destabilize."

On the other hand, Matisse acknowledged that Iranian military vessels have been acting less aggressively for US ships in the Gulf.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:27 am