Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraq Bondholders Eye Default Risk

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Iraq Bondholders Eye Default Risk Empty Iraq Bondholders Eye Default Risk

Post by Rocky Sun 22 Jun 2014, 11:40 am

Iraq Bondholders Eye Default Risk

By John Lee.

The escalating conflict in Iraq is making holders of the country’s international debt nervous about repayment, according to a report from Reuters.

The size of Iraq’s dollar debt is relatively small – a $2.7 billion bond launched in 2006 in a restructuring of Saddam Hussein-era commercial debt.

It is held by investors including Franklin Templeton, and is part of JPMorgan‘s closely watched NEXGEM index of frontier market debt.

“We revised our view in Iraq and sold our overweight,” said Marco Ruijer, emerging debt fund manager at ING Investment Management in The Hague.

“We still do not think ISIL can conquer Baghdad… but they certainly increased their influence.”

Iraq’s bond, which matures in 2028 but starts paying principal from 2020, has fallen 8 cents in the past week, to 87 cents on the dollar.

Iraq’s five-year credit default swaps, used to insure against debt restructuring or default, are trading at multi-month highs above 400 basis points, according to Markit.

(Source: Reuters)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Current date/time is Wed 02 Oct 2024, 10:55 am