Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The Democrat clings to Zebari: Our only candidate and there is no alternative

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

The Democrat clings to Zebari: Our only candidate and there is no alternative Empty The Democrat clings to Zebari: Our only candidate and there is no alternative

Post by Rocky Thu 10 Feb 2022, 5:42 am

[size=52]The Democrat clings to Zebari: Our only candidate and there is no alternative[/size]

[size=45]On Wednesday, the advisor to the President of the Kurdistan Democratic Party and Kurdish leader Masoud Barzani confirmed the party's adherence to the nomination of Hoshyar Zebari for the post of President of the Republic.[/size]
    [size=45]Masoud Haidar, who is also a member of the Democratic Negotiating Committee in Baghdad, said in a tweet on Twitter, "Hoshyar Zebari is the only candidate for the National Majority Alliance to meet the conditions for candidacy and the integrity of his legal position with official documents from state institutions."[/size]
    [size=45]He added, "So far, there are no new candidates for the presidency from the Kurdistan Democratic Party."[/size]
    [size=45]The representative of the Sovereignty Alliance, Mishaan al-Jubouri, had said on Tuesday, "The Kurdistan Democratic Party adheres to Zebari, but as a precaution, the party will advance within the next 72 hours, that is, no later than next Thursday, with an alternative candidate."[/size]
    [size=45]He added, "I think that the alternative candidate is either the President of the Kurdistan Region, Nechirvan Barzani, or the current Minister of Foreign Affairs, Fuad Hussein, and both are acceptable in Baghdad, and which one of them is nominated will be the next president of the republic."[/size]
    [size=45]On Sunday, the Federal Court decided to temporarily suspend the procedures for Zebari's nomination; Until a decision is made in a lawsuit brought against him by four deputies, on the grounds that he does not meet the constitutional requirements. The court is scheduled to hear the case next Monday.[/size]
    [size=45]On Tuesday, Parliament Speaker Muhammad al-Halbousi announced the reopening of the nomination for the post of President of the Republic, after the failure to hold the session designated for this purpose.[/size]
    [size=45]Most of the parliamentary blocs boycotted the session that was scheduled to be held last Monday to elect a new president for Iraq.[/size]
    [size=45]Twenty-five candidates had applied to fill the position, but the competition was limited to Hoshyar Zebari, the Kurdistan Democratic Party's candidate, and the current president, Barham Salih, the candidate of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan.[/size]
    [size=45]According to a political custom followed in Iraq since 2006, the Kurds occupy the position of the President of the Republic, the Sunnis the presidency of the parliament, and the Shiites the head of the government.[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 4:24 am