Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Lack of funds impedes the clearance of 2,700 square kilometers contaminated with mines

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Lack of funds impedes the clearance of 2,700 square kilometers contaminated with mines Empty Lack of funds impedes the clearance of 2,700 square kilometers contaminated with mines

Post by Rocky Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:46 am

POSTED ON[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]Lack of funds impedes the clearance of 2,700 square kilometers contaminated with mines[/size]

[size=45]The Ministry of Environment estimated the area contaminated with war remnants and mines in Iraq as more than 2,700 square kilometers, warning against dealing seriously with this danger, and criticized the poor financial allocation, calling for the involvement of the private sector in dealing with it.[/size]
    [size=45]Environment Minister Jassem Al-Falahi said, "Our work is focused on war remnants and mines to treat the remnants of the eight years of the Iran-Iraq war, as well as the remnants of the terrorist organization ISIS when it occupied a number of provinces."[/size]
    [size=45]Al-Falahi continued, "The implementation of the mine affairs program managed by the Ministry of Environment suffers from a heavy legacy related to the lack of financial resources to deal with the file."[/size]
    [size=45]He pointed out that "the ministry relies on international funding," warning against "not taking the mine file seriously, which targets the lives of citizens."[/size]
    [size=45]He spoke of “a continuous loss of citizens’ lives, especially in the southern governorates bordering Iran, and this requires awareness of the dangers of mines, intensification of efforts, and the involvement of the private sector in removing the remnants of war.”[/size]
    [size=45]For his part, the official in charge of the military remnants of war in the ministry, Ahmed Abdel-Razzaq, stated that "the area contaminated with mines and remnants of war in Iraq is more than 2,700 square kilometers."[/size]
    [size=45]Abdul Razzaq added, "The danger from mines in Iraq is classified into five categories," explaining that "the first types are cluster munitions, with an area of ​​more than 179 km, and the second is confrontations, with an area of ​​447 km²."[/size]
    [size=45]He pointed out that "the third type of danger is the remnants of war, extending about 606 square kilometers, and the fourth is the explosive devices that appeared after ISIS gangs entered the liberated areas and extending to about 525 square kilometers."[/size]
    [size=45]Abdul Razzaq concluded that "the greatest danger since the Iran-Iraq war is on the border strip represented by minefields and their area is very large, about 998 square kilometers, and it represents the fifth danger."[/size]
    [size=45]The Ministry of Environment had confirmed earlier that the Department of Mine Affairs is responsible for the national program for mine affairs in Iraq, and there are international agreements in Geneva to develop strategic plans to remove those mines from Iraq, in coordination with the Ministry of Defense, Interior, Civil Defense and the Explosive Control Directorate.[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:21 am