Al-Kazemi at a National Security meeting: We reject the Iranian bombing
This came during the Prime Minister, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Mustafa Al-Kazemi chaired, today, Saturday, an important meeting of the Ministerial Council for National Security, attended by the Ministers of Defense and Interior, and a number of security leaders, during which the security situation in the country was discussed, and a number of files were discussed, according to a statement by the Media Office. The Prime Minister responded to Shafak News Agency.
The statement added that the meeting confirmed the following:
1. To pay tribute to the demonstrations and the peaceful demonstrators who were keen on peaceful demonstrations, and to advance their legitimate demands for a country free of corruption and reform, and the preservation of freedom of expression from any extraneous practices that harm its constitutional and human essence.
2. The meeting commended the efforts of the security forces, which performed their duties with the highest degree of responsibility, and dealt with high professionalism in protecting the peaceful demonstrations, and not friction with some individual cases that tried to provoke violence and assault, as they controlled the situation calmly and positively, and reflected an honorable image of the discipline of our security forces heroine.
3. The attendees affirmed their rejection of the Iranian bombing, which caused great damage, stressing their rejection of attempts to take Iraq as an arena for settling scores. The conferees recommended that the government - and the responsible authorities - continue to take all necessary measures to stop these behaviors, and address everything that contradicts the principle of good neighborliness that Iraq believes in and pursues in its relations with its neighbors, and that security challenges be dealt with through diplomatic channels and joint security cooperation.
4. The necessity for the security committees in the governorates to bear their full responsibility for maintaining security, and not to allow chaos that terrifies citizens, and causes security disturbances that negatively affect the activities and daily life of the people there.
5. Directing all security forces to deal with high discipline with the citizens, and to cooperate with them by removing all obstacles that would facilitate them to carry out their daily affairs, and to create a positive mutual relationship between the security man and the citizen based on respect for the law, and the preservation of the prestige of the state.
At the conclusion of the meeting, Al-Kazemi stressed the need for all political forces to address their national responsibility, to adopt a national dialogue to resolve crises, strengthen the rule of law, address the file of uncontrolled weapons and eliminate armed manifestations that threaten the security of the citizen and civil peace, according to the statement.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]