Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraq is on the verge of a “water disaster” by 2035

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Iraq is on the verge of a “water disaster” by 2035 Empty Iraq is on the verge of a “water disaster” by 2035

Post by Rocky Thu 18 Apr 2024, 5:18 am

Iraq is on the verge of a “water disaster” by 2035

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Economy News - Baghdad
    [rtl]The Minister of Water Resources, Aoun Dhiyab Abdullah, said on Thursday that Iraq will lose more than 10 billion cubic meters of its water resources by 2035 as a result of the increased demand for water, stressing that the federal government is working to reduce this “gap.”[/rtl]
    [rtl]The minister's statements came during his hosting of a seminar held today on the sidelines of the eighth Sulaymaniyah Forum.[/rtl]
    [rtl]Abdullah said at the symposium, “There are climatic changes that are putting pressure on the water resource, and there is an increase in demand, while the availability is limited, in addition to the possibility of a decrease in the amount of water in the future as a result of these changes due to the increase in population and demand.”[/rtl]
    [rtl]He added, "We conducted a study called (The Strategic Study of Lands and Water in Iraq) in 2015, which we updated by contracting with an Italian company."[/rtl]
    [rtl]The minister added, "That study led to a somewhat painful fact that by the year 2035 there will be a shortage of more than 10 billion cubic meters in water resources."[/rtl]
    [rtl]He continued by saying, "There is a large gap between supply and demand for water resources," stressing, "We are working to reduce this gap, not only by the Ministry of Water Resources, but also by the Iraqi government in general."[/rtl]

Views 64
    Added 04/18/2024 - 12:14 PM
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 04 Jul 2024, 3:01 pm