Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Giants Treating Season Finale At Redskins Like Playoff Game

jedi17
    jedi17

Giants Treating Season Finale At Redskins Like Playoff Game Empty Giants Treating Season Finale At Redskins Like Playoff Game

Post by jedi17 Fri 30 Dec 2016, 4:47 pm

Giants Treating Season Finale At Redskins Like Playoff Game

Jonathan Casillas knows a thing or two about what it takes to win a Super Bowl. The New York Giants starting linebacker and defensive captain was a rookie on the New Orleans Saints when they won Super Bowl XLVI over the Indianapolis Colts. He was also on the New England Patriots team that defeated the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLIX.
    Before Thursday’s practice, head coach Ben McAdoo huddled his players at midfield. Casillas addressed the team for about 45 seconds. His message to the team was simple: take advantage of the opportunity, beginning with this Sunday’s regular season finale against the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field.

“I took it that everybody only gets one chance,” cornerback Trevin Wade said. “This is the only time this whole team is going to be together to go for the Super Bowl. You only get one chance.”
    The 10-5 Giants are the No. 5 seed in the NFC Playoffs. They will play either the Atlanta Falcons, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, or Seattle Seahawks on the road in the Wild Card round.
    Sunday’s game has no bearing on postseason positioning for the Giants. Nevertheless, they are treating it like a playoff game.
    “I was surprised (at Casillas’ message to the team) because this isn’t the playoff week, but it’s good to remind us to get into the playoff mode,” Wade said. “Because to them it’s a playoff game. We need to play at our high level so we can start clicking.”
    The Giants practiced in pads Thursday, a deviation from what they’ve done throughout the regular season.
    “It happens more often than you see. We take a TV timeout break sometimes halfway through practice and guys will get it going. I think that was the first time this year where we kicked practice off with that,” said linebacker Mark Herzlich. “It’s a day where you’re in Week 17 and you have pads on. That’s rare for a lot of guys.”
    The Giants are heading to the playoffs for the first time since winning Super Bowl XLVI. They lost to the Philadelphia Eagles last week but qualified for the postseason after the Saints defeated the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
    Herzlich won Super Bowl XLVI as a rookie and doesn’t care about how the Giants qualified for the playoffs.
    “I think what Jon was saying, it doesn’t matter, the circumstances. We go out and there and do what we need to do to create momentum going into the playoffs to get a win,” he said. “We set our goals singularly, and that’s one week at a time. Just getting a win at a time. This week is no different.”
    The Giants can draw on experience for the upcoming postseason run. Besides Casillas and Herzlich, there are eight other players who won a Super Bowl: offensive lineman Will Beatty, wide receiver Victor Cruz, long snapper Zak DeOssie, quarterback Eli Manning, offensive lineman Marshall Newhouse, defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul, running back Bobby Rainey, and linebacker Deonte Skinner.

“Yeah, you’re going to draw on all that (experience), all of the guys that are in the room, coaches, players, who have been through it before,” said defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo. “But, look, we are going to take it one step at a time. We have a game coming up. That is the most important thing.”

Current date/time is Wed 18 Sep 2024, 6:08 pm