Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Arizona Coyotes

jedi17
    jedi17

Arizona Coyotes  Empty Arizona Coyotes

Post by jedi17 Wed 25 Jan 2017, 6:07 pm

Coyotes' Burmistrov isn't huge waiver-wire steal
    January 25, 2017, 3:18 PM ET [20 Comments]
    James Tanner
    Arizona Coyotes  Pho Arizona Coyotes Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The Coyotes are riding high on a two-game winning streak (season high) that has seen prized rookie Christian Fischer score in each of his first two NHL games. 

While it's not much, the Coyotes, the (by the standings) second-worst team in the NHL will take what they can get.  

In the vein of finding positives wherever you can, the Coyotes and media are very excited about Alex Burmistrov's five points in his first five games as a Coyote.  

I don't want to get anyone upset, but there is nothing to be excited about. Burmistrov was a total bust in Winnipeg and while 5/5 is nice, there are a couple of red flags. 

Red Flag #1: Burnistrov has no goals, only assists. One of which is on the PP and two of which are second assists. So really, he has an OK two assists in five games. 

Red Flag #2: His Corsi-For Rating ifor every player he's been on the ice with in a Coyotes uniform is 46% or less, and it always gets better for the other player when they get away from Burmistrov.  

Yes, it's only been five games, but it follows the exact pattern of his time in Winnipeg where most players saw their possession numbers skyrocket when they were not on the ice with Burmistrov. 

This isn't bad and it's not meant to detract from decent production. It's just meant to point out that the Coyotes didn't score a big steal on the waiver wire. If anything, playing Burmistrov will help them get a better shot at the first-overall pick they desire.  

In other news, I am still mad at Bruce Willis.  

Also, Shane Doan and Mike Smith are nursing day-to-day injuries and may miss tomorrow's game, which is against the Canucks tomorrow at home. 

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 11:36 am