Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Washington Capitals

jedi17
    jedi17

Washington Capitals Empty Washington Capitals

Post by jedi17 Wed 25 Jan 2017, 6:08 pm

Capitals can score on anyone, anytime - except the Senators
    January 25, 2017, 2:30 PM ET [11 Comments]
    James Tanner
     Washington Capitals Was Washington Capitals Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT

For the last few weeks, the Capitals have been scoring at a pace we rarely see in the NHL. They can seemingly score at will against every team in the NHL - except the Ottawa Senators. 

The Caps have played the Senators three times so far this January. They beat them 2-1 and 1-0, before falling 3-0 in last night's game. (Which was, by the way, the only game the Capitals have lost in regulation since December 27th when they lost to the Islanders.  

What is bizarre about this is the scores the Capitals have put up in games not against the Senators since December 31st:

6-2 vs NJ
    6-5 vs Tor
    5-0 vs Col
    4-1 vs Mtl
    5-2 vs Pgh
    6-0 vs Chi
    5-0 vs Phi
    7-8 vs Pgh
    7-3 vs Stl
    4-3 vs Dal
    6-1 vs Carolina 

That is in incredible 11 games in a row that aren't against the Ottawa Senators that the Washington Capitals put up four or more goals. In only two of the eleven games did they score less than five. 

If there is one thing better than a first place team, it's a first place team that's fun to watch because they do nothing but score goals. I figure most people reading this were raised in a league were the Devils and Red Wings played boring hockey that won games and where scoring declined basically every year. The best team has hardly ever been the most exciting team in the NHL since the 90s, at least.  

So even if you aren't a Capitals fan, you pretty much have to be in awe on their January casual on the league's goalies. 

The Capitals play the Devils tomorrow.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 9:26 pm