Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New Jersey Devils

jedi17
    jedi17

New Jersey Devils  Empty New Jersey Devils

Post by jedi17 Sun 12 Feb 2017, 5:51 pm

G55 New Jersey Devils vs San Jose Sharks: The home stretch begins
    February 12, 2017, 9:13 AM ET [30 Comments]
    Todd Cordell
     New Jersey Devils  Nj New Jersey Devils Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddCordell

The New Jersey Devils went into the bye week on a positive note by winning their final two games and three of their last four.

They'll be looking to pick up where they left off this afternoon when they play host to Pete DeBoer and the San Jose Sharks.

The Sharks lead the Pacific Division in points (71) and goal differential (+18) but they have not been nearly as good on the road as they have been at home. In their own building they have won 66% of their games and have a +16 goal differential, whereas they win 51% of the time and own a +2 goal differential away from home.

Today they'll play their second game in as many days, which is made worse with another early start time, and without a couple important forwards in Logan Couture and Joonas Donskoi.

Still, there is plenty of talent on their roster, and Martin Jones will be back between the pipes, so it's not as if the Sharks are handing out a free two points. The Devils will have to earn them.

Here are the expected line combinations for New Jersey:

Taylor Hall - Travis Zajac - Kyle Palmieri
    Miles Wood - Adam Henrique - Mike Cammalleri
    Pavel Zacha - Jacob Josefson - Stefan Noesen 
    Joseph Blandisi - Sergey Kalinin - P.A. Parenteau

Andy Greene - Damon Severson
    Seth Helgeson - Ben Lovejoy
    Kyle Quincey - Steve Santini

Cory Schneider

And the expected lines for the Sharks (via dailyfaceoff.com):

Melker Karlsson - Joe Thornton - Joe Pavelski
    Kevin Labanc - Patrick Marleau - Mikkel Boedker
    Timo Meier - Tomas Hertl - Joel Ward
    Marcus Sorensen - Chris Tierney - Micheal Haley

Paul Martin - Brent Burns
    Marc-Edouard Vlasic - Justin Braun
    Brendan Dillon - David Schlemko

Martin Jones

A few notes:

1) Palmieri had a slow start to the year but he's really going now. He has at least three shots in six of his last seven games and five goals, 10 points in his last 12 games. 

2) Burns has 22 points in his last 17 games and leads all defensemen in shots, shot attempts, goals and points. He activates all the time and is a one-man shooting gallery so the Devils will need to make sure they account for him at all times and get to their points as fast as possible.

3) Schneider owns a .930 save percentage in 14 appearances this year (2017). Let's see if he can keep his rythem following the break.

Tonight's game is scheduled for 12:30 and can be seen on MSG+, CSN-CA, Sportsnet One and Sportsnet360.

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 10:39 am