Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Washington Capitals

jedi17
    jedi17

Washington Capitals  Empty Washington Capitals

Post by jedi17 Wed 15 Mar 2017, 9:20 pm

Desperate Capitals Finally Get a Win!
    March 15, 2017, 11:25 AM ET [12 Comments]
    James Tanner
    Washington Capitals Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT

And by desperate, I mean desperate in the sense of a billionaire having to wait an extra day before he goes on vacation because his private jet is being repainted.

The Capitals had lost four in a row, but to the NHL's fat-cat billionaires, it was a merely an inconvenience.

What they really wanted was a tax cut for the rich in the guise of healthcare reform , but instead they settled for beating the Minnesota Wild.

With Shattenkirk serving the second game of his suspension, the Capitals put Nate Schmidt back into the lineup and he scored!!

The Caps rode Ovechkin and Backstrom - back from their vacations perhaps? - to a 3-0 lead and that was all she wrote. The Commie North Stars added a pair in the third, but it was too little too late and the Caps were back in victory lane.

For Ovechkin it was the first time he scored in ten games. After the game he said "Is nice to score like hockey player. Not like Matt Duchene." (I'm paraphrasing here).

For the Capitals, it was important to win because they don't want to seem weak in front of their friends and the win allows them to maintain a two-point lead over the Penguins. Winning first place is important because the Caps will get a way, way easier first round matchup if they do.

As for the Shattenkirk thing, compared to other things the NHL suspends people for, it seemed like kind of a joke. I get you can't jump into the air when you hit guys, but considering the recent slap on the wrist they gave Nyquist for his attempted decapitation, it does seem extreme.

The Caps play the Predators tomorrow. Oh, and I almost forgot to tell you the best part: After the game, Nate Schmidt referred to Ovechkin as "The Big O" which I found hilarious.

Check back throughout the day for updates on the potentially breaking story about the potential lawsuit from Oprah.

Current date/time is Sat 07 Sep 2024, 9:59 pm