Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Columbus Blue Jackets

jedi17
    jedi17

Columbus Blue Jackets Empty Columbus Blue Jackets

Post by jedi17 Sun 26 Mar 2017, 7:06 pm

Post Battle #74 vs. the Philadelphia Flyers
    March 26, 2017, 1:22 PM ET [0 Comments]
    Paul Berthelot
    Columbus Blue Jackets Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Final Score: Blue Jackets 1 – Flyers 0

Game Summary

What else can be said that hasn’t been said already? Sergei Bobrovsky did it again, shutting out the Flyers for his seventh shutout and his league leading 40th win of the season. If there was any doubt about where he is in the Vezina race his performance in this game put that to rest, he is firmly in the lead.

He is the current leader in save percentage at .934, goals against average at 1.99 and of course wins. If that’s not enough he’s also second in 5 on 5 save percentage at .936.

He made 36 saves against the Flyers and needed to make everyone. His margin of error was small with the Jackets only scoring a single goal, but Bobrovsky as he’s been all season was up to the task. This was the third game in row in which the Jackets did not play very well. The Flyers took it to the Jackets with a 54.55% Corsi and limited the Jackets to just 21 shots. They took the same approach as the Capitals and kept the puck away from Columbus. The Jackets were able to pick up some points as Bobrovsky bailed them out, but come playoff time this needs to change. You cannot have your goalie bail you out game after game in the playoffs. Eventually good teams like Pittsburgh and Washington will find ways to score and win games.

The Jackets scored just the lone goal, and it came from Alexander Wennberg.

Wennberg makes a great tip here to bat down the Kyle Quincey shot. That is Wennberg’s 13th goal of the season. For Quincey that is his first point as a Blue Jacket.

Current date/time is Mon 18 Mar 2024, 11:04 pm