Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Ottawa Senators

jedi17
    jedi17

Ottawa Senators  Empty Ottawa Senators

Post by jedi17 Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:20 pm

Senators fall to Flyers In S/O
    March 29, 2017, 10:23 AM ET [14 Comments]
    Jared Crozier
    Ottawa Senators Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Craig Anderson has earned his team a ton of points over his tenure in Ottawa, but last night he gave one away.

Anderson's gaffe behind his net that gave the puck to Jordan Weal with an open net got the Flyers back to even ground less than two minutes after Kyle Turris had broken a 1-1 deadlock. For the third time in three games between the Flyers and Senators this year, extra time was necessary and the Flyers won the shootout, on a goal from Weal who seemingly had Anderson guessing and the Ottawa goalie didn't come close to making the save.

Erik Karlsson and Brayden Schenn had exchanged late first period power play goals. Karlsson

Neither Kyle Turris, Bobby Ryan nor Tom Pyatt could beat Steve Mason in the extra skills competition for the bonus point. Pyatt was an interesting choice considering he was 1 for 1 in his career, but career stats aside, perhaps Mark Stone or Mike Hoffman might have been better bets.

The single point pretty much entrenched the Senators in the 2-hole in the Atlantic Division, now trailing Montreal by 4 points and sitting an equal 4 points up on Toronto.

Ottawa heads to Minnesota to face the Wild on Thursday, which will be the middle game of their current 5 game road trip.

They are still trying to get into a rhythm and get all parts pulling in the same direction. It is mildly concerning that Karlsson played just one shift in overtime, on a night where he played a fairly low (for him) 24:54, while Cody Ceci played almost half of the extra frame. Hopefully for the Senators' sake Karlsson wasn't nursing an injury or something, but his absence in the part of the game that he might not like, but is essentially built for his style raises some caution flags.

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:44 am