Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Tampa Bay Lightning

jedi17
    jedi17

Tampa Bay Lightning Empty Tampa Bay Lightning

Post by jedi17 Thu 30 Mar 2017, 5:59 pm

The Final Stretch
    March 30, 2017, 8:58 AM ET [6 Comments]
    John Gove
    Tampa Bay Lightning Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT

It is the most exciting time of the NHL regular season and the Tampa Bay Lightning are right in the thick of a dogfight for a playoff position. Quite honestly, it is unbelievable that this team finds themselves in this circumstance considering all of the trials and tribulations they have faced over the season.

For the Bolts, there are realistically two postseason spots up for grabs with the second wild-card and the third spot in the Atlantic Division. The Boston Bruins hold the final wild-card spot with 86 points while the Toronto Maple Leafs are only one point ahead of them in the standings with 87. Although the wild-card is the more likely way into the postseason for the Lightning, it never hurts to have more than one option.

With only seven games left to play, it is officially put up or shut up time Tampa Bay, and the four other teams in this battle. Down the stretch, the Lightning have looked strong on most nights but seem to take a step back everytime they get close, losing three-straight for example. That can no longer happen in a situation where any loss could place them in an inescapable hole.

Tampa Bay's remaining schedule is far from a walk in the park but includes two games where they can really do some damage against Toronto and Boston. The Bolts also take on the Red Wings (tonight), Dallas, Buffalo, and the Montreal Canadiens twice. They play four more games at AMALIE Arena and three games on the road in Boston, Toronto, and Montreal.

There is no denying that these last few days of regular season hockey are going to be filled with excitement. The Lightning have a legitimate opportunity at making the postseason and have the potential to do some damage if they get in.

It all starts tonight at home against the Detroit Red Wings. Puck drop is set for 7:30 p.m E.T.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 2:21 pm