Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New York Islanders

jedi17
    jedi17

New York Islanders Empty New York Islanders

Post by jedi17 Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:20 pm

Insult and injury
    March 31, 2017, 1:32 PM ET [144 Comments]
    Noel Fogelman
    New York Islanders Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @thefirstnoel19

In what was the biggest game of the season for the New York Islanders, the team failed to show up in the first period and allowed five first-period goals in a 6-3 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers.

“What do you say? Nothing. It’s just [expletive],” an incensed Doug Weight said after his team lost a third straight in regulation for the second time this season. “They had four scoring chances in the first and it’s 5-0. Four! Do the math. And it’s absolutely floating, not engaged with anything.”

The team showed up for the second and third periods but the damage was already done. Their playoff chances are all but gone. They now trail the Boston Bruins by six points for the final playoff spot with six games to play.

The game reminded of the 2011 AFC Championship between the New York Jets and Pittsburgh Steelers. The Jets didn't show up in the first half and were down 24-0. They battle back and dominated the second half but ultimately fell to the Steelers, 24-19. Obliviously the importance of that game was far greater.

Travis Hamonic's nightmare season looks like it is over. Hamonic left Philadelphia was a cast on his left hand. Hamonic fought Dale Weise in the first period.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:15 am