Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Pittsburgh Penguins

jedi17
    jedi17

Pittsburgh Penguins  Empty Pittsburgh Penguins

Post by jedi17 Sat 01 Apr 2017, 5:07 pm

King slayer
    April 1, 2017, 1:41 PM ET [14 Comments]
    Ryan Wilson
    Pittsburgh Penguins Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Sidney Crosby had himself a night against Henrik Lundqvist. Playing the role of villian Sidney Crosby was able to slay the King on multiple occasions in his own home.

Crosby finished the game with a goal, an assist, and the game winner in the shootout. All three were aesthetically pleasing. Let's start in sequential order

The first was a primary assist that led to Jake Guentzel's net front power play goal with a little help from Phil Kessel's playmaking ability

The Penguins showcased some player movement on this sequence. Right before I could get the words out of my mouth to tell Sid to get off the left point he started his stealth swoop to the soft spot on the weak side of the rink. As soon as Phil found the lane it was game over for the Rangers.

Jake Guentzel is completely capable of playing the net front position on the top power play. Patric Hornqvist is excellent in that 20 square foot area in front of the net and has below average playmaking skills when compared to most who play on the power play. Jake Guentzel is at worst average in front of the net and can do all the other things that need to be done on a power play. I am an advocate of player movement by the forwards on the power play and when you have a guy that is stapled in front of the net for the entire time you can't do things like that. There is nothing that says you have to seek out abuse to be successful in front. You need to be crafty and clever with a drive for the net. Guentzel has that.

Sidney Crosby took the classic Mario Lemieux bank shot from behind the net and then cranked the difficulty level up on it. The result was absurd.

I can't think of too many players who would have the courage to attempt a play like that from an angle so sharp and with that kind of velocity behind it. To try it is one thing, to execute it is another. Sid did both and it is another signature goal for the league's signature player.

The best part of the goal might be the look that Henrik shoots Sid after he figures out what actually happened. Henrik is one of the top five goalies of all-time and it isn't often somebody can make him look so vulnerable.

It was Crosby's 22nd career goal on Lundqvist. He has scored more on the King than anybody else in his career.

Pittsburgh had a 3-1 lead in the third period, but the Rangers battled back to force overtime with a third period goal with 11 seconds left. This gave way to an incredibly fun overtime session. A Crosby turnover in the offensive zone led to a sequence that should have normally ended the game. The Rangers started up the ice in what looked like a three on none and evolved in a clear cut two on none. Matt Murray used both mind and body to put himself in a position to make the save.

This set the table for the shootout where once again Sidney Crosby took it upon himself to defeat the King. Sidney Crosby abandoned his go to move of slowing down and snapping the puck quickly on his forehand and did something that nobody else in the league would dare try on Hank.

A lot of players can go forehand backhand and then five hole through the goalie to score in a breakaway setting. It's a great move that looks super slick when executed properly. However, not many will be bold enough to try it from the distance that Crosby did it from and the ones who might certainly wouldn't debut that approach on Henrik Lundqvist. The legend of Crosby's backhand grows by the day.

That attempt was the game winner and the Penguins losing streak is over. In related news the Columbus Blue Jackets lost in regulation last night and as a result the Penguins trail the Blue Jackets for home ice by only one point. The two will play each other on Tuesday night at home.

Pittsburgh's next game will be against Jordan Staal and the Carolina Hurricanes tomorrow at 5PM. The Canes were a team left for dead, but they have strung together a streak of 13 consecutive games without losing in regulation going 9-0-4. This has at least given them a puncher's chance to make the playoffs. They currently have 84 points and are trying to catch the Boston Bruins who have 88 points. Carolina has a game in hand. Huge game for Carolina against Pittsburgh tomorrow.

Current date/time is Fri 18 Oct 2024, 4:56 am