Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New Jersey Devils

jedi17
    jedi17

New Jersey Devils  Empty New Jersey Devils

Post by jedi17 Mon 03 Apr 2017, 8:01 pm

On Kapla, Schneider, McLeod and more
    April 3, 2017, 10:55 AM ET [47 Comments]
    Todd Cordell
    New Jersey Devils Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddCordell

1) There haven't been many positives with the New Jersey Devils this season but the early play of Michael Kapla can be seen as one.

It's only been two games but thus far he has looked the part of an NHLer. He can skate, he's shown confidence moving the puck and more good than bad has happened while he's been on the ice.

At 5v5, the Devils have out-attempted their opponents 31-26 (54.39%) and out-chanced them 22-14 (61.11%) with Kapla out there. He is seeing some sheltered minutes, and his two games have come against non-playoff teams, but he's doing what he is supposed to.

It's still way too early to make judgments on what Kapla is or can become, but it's encouraging that he is holding his own out there. Hopefully that continues over the final few games.

2) Cory Schneider has not had a great season, nobody will deny that, but he still has a higher 5v5 save percentage than the likes of Marc-Andre Fleury, Henrik Lundqvist, Tuukka Rask, Steve Mason, Martin Jones and Roberto Luongo, among others. We can stop pretending he has been a complete abomination and is the reason the Devils are losing games on a consistent basis. Call me crazy, but I think it may have more to do with sitting 30th in total shot attempts, 30th in shots, 29th in scoring chances and 28th in goals. Schneider could be having his normal, .920SV%+ year and the Devils would still sit near the bottom of the league.

3) The Mississauga Steelheads advanced to the 2nd round of the OHL playoffs on Sunday afternoon thanks to a monster performance from 2016 1st round pick Michael McLeod.

McLeod had two goals, three assists, four shots, won 14/18 faceoffs and was the game's 1st star in the 5-1 victory over Ottawa.

Dating back to the regular season, McLeod has 34 points (17 goals, 17 assists) over his last 18 games and has really taken his game to another level.

He and Nathan Bastian, who had five goals and seven points in the opening round, await the Oshawa Generals in Round 2.

Meanwhile, Blake Speers, Colton White, and the Soo Greyhounds await the Owen Sound Attack in what should be a spectacular 2nd round series.

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 12:54 pm