Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Anaheim Ducks

jedi17
    jedi17

Anaheim Ducks  Empty Anaheim Ducks

Post by jedi17 Tue 04 Apr 2017, 7:49 pm

Ups, Downs, Thoughts and Game Night
    April 4, 2017, 8:00 PM ET [2 Comments]
    Ed Stein
    Anaheim Ducks Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Personal Note 1: I'd like to thank those who their condolences to my family on the passing of my mother-in-law. To top off a crappy week and a half, which included two 12+ hour road trips, my three kids and I all came down with the stomach flu. It was the kind of week can only be wished upon a playoff opponent.

Give Two, Take One

As a brief review the Ducks had a “fair” week against conference opponents. They gave away two points as they blew third period leads in both Winnipeg and Edmonton coming away with only one point in each contest. Anaheim did manage to pull out a third period victory in Calgary Sunday night which regained them first place in the Pacific Division.

Random Thoughts

* Patrick Eaves has earned himself a big fat raise with his career best 30 goal season. Off the ice he may look like he belongs in a Geico commercial, but on it he has been a breath of fresh air on a team that was having a stale season before the bearded wonder showed up. #fearthebeard

* Speaking of raises, Jonathan Bernier proved he can backstop a team down the stretch. He will be a hot free agent this off-season.

* Shea Theodore belongs on this team. He is certainly ahead of Korbinian Holzer and I think he's slightly better than Brandon Montour.

* The atmosphere in Edmonton will be electric during the playoffs.

* When I'm his age, I hope I look 75% as good as Sandy Koufax looked at Dodgers opening day.

* It was strange to see the Ducks play Sunday night without their pair of Scandinavian defensemen.

Calgary @ Ducks

Tonight the Ducks finish up their home and home series with Calgary. They have dominated their visitors from Alberta at the Honda Center, winning 24 straight. Another win tonight could go a long way to the Ducks playing Calgary in the playoffs, with the home ice advantage.

Ducks coach Randy Carlyle has not announced a starting goalie yet. He probably wants to get John Gibson some additional ice time before the playoffs, but Bernier is a solid option as well. Things on the Anaheim blue line are just as muddy. It looks unlikely that Hampus Lindholm will overcome his UBI and return to the lineup. Sami Vatanen injury woes may keep him out of the game as well. Up front, expect the status quo. Here is the projected lineup:

Forwards
    Ritchie-Getzlaf-Eaves
    Rakell-Vermette-Perry
    Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
    Wagner-Thompson-Shaw

Defenseman
    Fowler-Montour
    Theodore/Vatanen-Manson
    Theodor/Holzer-Bieksa

Goalie
    Gibson or Bernier

Current date/time is Wed 18 Sep 2024, 6:15 pm