Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Detroit Red Wings

jedi17
    jedi17

Detroit Red Wings Empty Detroit Red Wings

Post by jedi17 Mon 08 May 2017, 6:19 pm

Wings pursue Swedish free agent
    May 7, 2017, 8:43 PM ET [3 Comments]
    Bob Duff
    Detroit Red Wings Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Go figure, the Detroit Red Wings looking to sign a sleeper from the Swedish League.

That almost never happens.

The Wings are among a number of NHL teams pursuing Swedish free agent Victor Ejdsell, a top free agent who enjoyed stellar 2016-17 season in Europe.

The hulking, 6-5, 220-pound forward visited Detroit last week and is also said to be talking with Chicago and Nashville.

Playing for BIK Karlskoga of Sweden’s second division, HockeyAllsvenskan, Ejdsell, 22, posted 25-32-57 totals in 50 games.

“He's evolved into a strong two-way center,” Red Wings assistant general manager Ryan Martin told MLive.com. “His move from wing to center helped his defensive game. He's got good hands and offensive ability.”

All Even
    Dylan Larkin collected a pair of assists and Danny DeKeyser logged 20:34 of ice time as the United States drubbed Denmark 7-2 to draw even at 1-1 at the World Championship in Cologne, Germany.

“It was nice to get a win under our belts,” USA coach Jeff Blashill said. “We did some good things. I thought our power play took a step forward.

“We have plenty to work on, particularly from a defensive standpoint, but I really like the team we have and we’ll see how we do in our next test (Monday) night against a very good Sweden team.”

The fourth member of the Red Wings with the team, goalie Jimmy Howard, took a seat on the bench as Connor Hellebucyk of the Winnipeg Jets handled the goaltending chores.

Even though he has the choice of playing his own goalie, Blashill indicated that didn’t necessarily mean that Howard would be his goalie of choice when it came to crunch time.

“Certainly the work both guys have done, that both NHL goalies have done up until now is a factor,” Blashill said. “Jimmy has had a real good NHL career so far. He played great hockey this year, with the exception of being injured. Connor hasn’t played as long in the NHL but has had some success and also had some success in the World Cup.

“It’s a long tournament. We play lots of games in a little amount of days. Both guys will have an impact on our success and we’ll make decisions as we move forward on who’s the starter.”

With four Red Wings involved in the U.S. team, the comfort level for the trio of players, having teammates to work with and their coach to work for, is palpable.

“It definitely helps,” DeKeyser said. “There’s a little bit more of a comfort level when you know the guys. There’s also a few guys that were on the team in 2014 in Minsk when I played in that, so I know some of them from that tournament.

“When there’s some familiarity with those guys, that always helps, especially on the ice when you’re trying to build chemistry.”

Current date/time is Mon 24 Jun 2024, 7:35 am