Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Who should win GM of the Year?

jedi17
    jedi17

Who should win GM of the Year? Empty Who should win GM of the Year?

Post by jedi17 Fri 19 May 2017, 8:06 pm

Who should win GM of the Year?
    May 17, 2017, 10:13 AM ET [23 Comments]
    HockeyBuzz Hotstove
    RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddCordell

On Tuesday afternoon Peter Chiarelli, Pierre Dorion, and David Poile were announced as finalists for the GM of the Year award. In this edition of the hotstove, we share our thoughts on who should win.

Todd Cordell

I have to go with David Poile.

His signature move came last summer when he traded Shea Weber for a better, younger, faster player in P.K. Subban, who is also a much better fit for Peter Laviolette's up-tempo system. He also filled out the defense with nice depth pieces in Matt Irwin and Yannick Weber while adding Vern Fiddler and P.A. Parenteau up front. I know the award prioritizes recent moves more than overall body of work but Poile is responsible for every player on the roster of a final-4 team and that has to count for something.

John Jaeckel

David Poile.

The proof is on the ice. He's managed the growth of prospects into competent, contributing players. He also seems to have made the right move in replacing Barry Trotz with Peter LaViollette. Finally, the Weber for Subban trade provided the added dimension of speed and dynamism from the back end that is now really driving how the Predators play—and at times overwhelm opponents.

Peter Tessier

To tell you the honest truth I think the three are poor choices. However, of the three it has to be Poile. However, what did he do that Chiarelli didn't just a big deal almost at the exact same time.

In reality, if you look at the timeline from last year's award to now what else has happened? Yzerman got out of cap hell, Toronto made the playoffs, the Senators on a budget made the playoffs and Columbus had a monster season. Maybe some of those are based around certain aspects of luck but were they luckier than Chiarelli or Poile? Maybe.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 6:15 am