Arabic and International Thursday, May 10 2018 at 09: 31 AM (Views 440)
Israel accuses Kassem Soleimani of leading a rocket attack against Israel
Follow-up / Sky Press:
The Israeli army on Thursday accused Iranian General Qassim Soleimani of being behind the missile strike on the occupation bases in the Golan Heights.
The Israeli army announced at dawn on Thursday that its positions in the occupied Syrian Golan Heights had been attacked by rockets fired by Iranian forces from Syria.
"About 20 rockets were fired by the Iranian Quds Force towards the front line of the Golan Heights," army spokesman Avichai Adarai said in a tweet on his Twitter account.
"Qassem Soleimani is the one who ordered and led the rocket attack, and did not achieve its purpose," Israeli army spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Jonathan Konriksos told reporters.
Regarding the Israeli response to these rockets, the Israeli army said in a statement carried by the Hebrew media that "Israel attacked dozens of Iranian targets in Syria in response to a barrage of missiles targeting our military bases in the Golan Heights on Thursday."
The statement added that "Israel also bombed 5 anti-aircraft missile batteries Syria directed its fire towards its aircraft."
"Israel notified Russia before Thursday's strikes on several targets in Syria," he said.
"The Russians were informed before our attack through our existing mechanisms," he said.