Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Turkey pledges to improve Iraq's water quota

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Turkey pledges to improve Iraq's water quota Empty Turkey pledges to improve Iraq's water quota

Post by Rocky Sun 14 Mar 2021, 7:24 am

Turkey pledges to improve Iraq's water quota

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Minister of Water Resources, Mehdi Rashid Al-Hamdani, announced, on Sunday, that the Turkish parliament approved a memorandum of understanding that obliges Turkey to release the fair water share for Iraq, while Turkish Ambassador Fatih Yildiz confirmed that the water issue is cooperative.
    Al-Hamdani said in a televised statement followed by Al-Iqtisad News, that “the initial outputs through the Baghdad International Water Conference have become a major role for Iraq in water, as there is interest from Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi in the water file and his support for the ministry, and he received me as his special envoy in the meetings, which resulted in Big and positive things. "
    He added that "the Turkish special envoy confirmed that there are agreements on the horizon and memoranda of understanding will be in the near future," stressing that "the Turkish parliament has approved the memorandum of understanding that obligates Turkey to release a fair and equitable water share for Iraq."
    He continued, "This issue was followed by an Iraqi executive protocol presented by the Iraqi government, where we achieved more than 5 to 6 meetings with the Turkish side during this period, and this did not happen for years," indicating that "there is support from Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan for Iraq."
    He stated that "this is an official approval during an international conference that has been completed, and we will work on the rest of the approvals in the near future."
    He pointed out that "the rest of the countries have the same problem in their basins, and support for Iraq is support for the rest of the countries," adding: "This conference promises a message that Iraq exists, has rights, and is a major vector, and it will have a major role in the future, so we assure the citizen." Al-Iraqi said that the priority in the work of the government is to ensure the country's share of water.
    The Turkish ambassador to Iraq, Fatih Yildiz, said in statements that "the difference in views between his country and Iraq regarding the water issue stems from Baghdad's view of the issue as a problem of sharing water."  
    He pointed out that "the problem has dimensions beyond water quotas, and lies in the failure of Iraq to use water in an optimal manner."  
    He pointed out that "the drought in 2018, and the floods in 2019, showed that Iraq is not properly exploiting its water resources."  
    He stressed his country's readiness to share its experiences with Iraq in this regard, both in terms of technical and human resources. 
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Wed 01 May 2024, 10:56 pm