Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

A PARLIAMENTARIAN PLEDGES HER ATTENDANCE AT THE SESSIONS BY FORMING A CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS COMM

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

A PARLIAMENTARIAN PLEDGES HER ATTENDANCE AT THE SESSIONS BY FORMING A CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS COMM Empty A PARLIAMENTARIAN PLEDGES HER ATTENDANCE AT THE SESSIONS BY FORMING A CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS COMM

Post by Rocky Thu 31 Mar 2022, 5:29 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    A PARLIAMENTARIAN PLEDGES HER ATTENDANCE AT THE SESSIONS BY FORMING A CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS COMMITTEE TO CHANGE THE SHAPE OF THE SYSTEM
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]3 hours ago28

Today, Thursday, MP Nidaa Hassan Madi confirmed that she is committed not to attend the parliamentary sessions until the approval of the constitutional amendment committee. 
    Madi said in a statement that according to the internal system of the House of Representatives and the constitutional articles, amending the constitution cannot take place in part, but rather in full, and according to Constitutional Article 142, the amendment requires:
    a. Forming a parliamentary committee to amend the constitution, which must be formed through the signature of (50) deputies, or at the request of the parliament speaker.
    B. The committee must make its final decisions within a maximum period of four months.
    c. The proposed amendments are presented to the House of Representatives for a vote by an absolute majority of (165) deputies.
    Dr.. After approval of the proposed amendments by the House of Representatives, they are presented to a popular referendum, and the majority of voters must approve them within a period not exceeding two months.
    She added, that the committees that were formed did not come out with final decisions, so they are considered canceled and resorting to the formation of a new constitutional amendment committee, and unfortunately that committee was rejected by many members of the House of Representatives and political blocs and continues to collect signatures until I obtain what qualifies me to form it.
    As for the demands that were mentioned, they included:
    1- Changing the form of the system from parliamentary to semi-presidential, and it can simply be summarized that instead of electing members of the House of Representatives, who are the ones who elect the head of state by consensus among the parties, the president will be elected directly by the people, thus achieving the true saying (the people are the source of powers).
    2- Abolition of provincial councils instead of a decision to freeze them.
    3- Addressing constitutional voids that have been interpreted to suit the political situation.
    4- Completing the amendment to the electoral law and reducing the number of members of the Iraqi Council of Representatives.
    Emphasizing that there is not much left for the formation of the committee, that the matter requires a real popular will in addition to the political will, and this will be the beginning of the desired change that we all hope for. 
    Noting that the first condition that was set was to amend the retirement law for the three presidencies to be in conformity with the unified retirement law, like all state employees, and all sufficient signatures were completed to include it in the session’s agenda, and it would be presented to a vote, and the people would note all those who agreed and those who refused.

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 2:35 am