Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

ISIL’s Financial Strength

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

ISIL’s Financial Strength Empty ISIL’s Financial Strength

Post by Rocky Thu 14 Aug 2014, 4:12 pm

ISIL’s Financial Strength

By Patrick Schmidt.

For a terrorist organization, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) follows relatively normal business practices.
    It may come as a surprise to those not familiar with the group, but the organization has published an annual report revealing its secrets to success and longevity. ISIL is thought to earn at a minimum one million dollars per day.
    While some analysts have noted the shocking financial resources at the group’s disposal, other experts have remarked that their funds do not compare well with the financial resources available to Baghdad, which no longer go to captured ISIL territory.
    This year alone, it is expected the group will make between $100 and $200 million. While some have suggested that the group survives off of foreign donations, the group instead uses its various captured resources and the extortion of local companies and individuals to support itself.
    In order to effectively combat ISIL, the United States will need to train Iraqi and Kurdish forces in financial intelligence practices and then assist them in planning raids against key players in the financial management of ISIL.
    One suggestion is that Iraqi and Kurdish forces should retake vital energy resources that have fallen under ISIL control. By doing this, ISIL would suffer a massive blow to its income and that would weaken the organization as a whole.
    (Source: NY Times)

Source: Iraq-BusinessNews.c

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 28 Sep 2024, 7:16 pm