Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

“Silent migration” empties the liberated areas of Diyala of its youth

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

“Silent migration” empties the liberated areas of Diyala of its youth Empty “Silent migration” empties the liberated areas of Diyala of its youth

Post by Rocky Sun 12 Jun 2022, 5:03 am

POSTED ON[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]“Silent migration” empties the liberated areas of Diyala of its youth[/size]

[size=45]Years ago, the so-called “silent migration” emerged in most of the liberated villages and towns in Diyala, which directly included young people, due to the growing rates of poverty and unemployment.[/size]
    [size=45]The security turmoil after June 2014 and its repercussions destroyed about 75% of the traditional sources of livelihood, whether in the agricultural and industrial sectors, in self-employment, prompting thousands of young people to search for work opportunities in areas outside the liberated villages and cities.[/size]
    [size=45]Ahmed al-Jubouri, a young man who left his village (north of Muqdadiya district), has been working in the Kurdistan region for 7 years, after his family lost a 10-dunum orchard due to the black events of June 2014.[/size]
    [size=45]Al-Jubouri said in an interview with (Al-Mada) that “40% of the youth of the villages migrate to other areas to work and earn a living, especially since the opportunities to live in our villages are limited due to the decline in agriculture and other professions.”[/size]
    [size=45]For her part, Representative Nawras Al-Issa admitted that the rate of poverty and unemployment in the liberated areas is the largest in Iraq, especially since the events of June 2014 were very harsh, stressing that poverty may reach 60% in those areas.[/size]
    [size=45]Al-Issa added, "Unemployment and the pressure of living are what created the silent migration of young people in the liberated areas to earn their livelihood," stressing that "the living situation is very difficult and harsh."[/size]
    [size=45]Hasna lives in one of the villages of Al-Saadiya district, northeast of Baqubah. She is the mother of three young men who work in Baghdad. She told Al-Mada: Every month I see my three children only 4 days after they return from work, stressing that the liberated villages have dried up after the setback of agriculture. She added, "It pains me to part with my children, but there is no trick."[/size]
    [size=45]While Nashwan Al-Khazraji, a local economic expert, pointed out that “the events of June 2014 destroyed 75% and perhaps more of the foundations of economic work in the liberated areas, and the agricultural sector received the most severe blows, as it provided livelihoods for about 50% of the people in those areas.”[/size]
    [size=45]Al-Khazraji added: “It can be said that 40% of the residents of the liberated villages are below the poverty line in general, but the percentages in some areas actually reach 60% with the absence of recruitment and employment,” noting that the migration of young people is not only to earn a living, but also to move away from areas Its security problems are still continuing in light of the complexities of repeated violations.”[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 28 Jun 2024, 9:57 pm