[size=36]The Minister of Industry issues a set of directives and recommendations[/size]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
, Minister of Industry and Minerals Khaled Battal Al-Najm chaired, on Tuesday, the first session of the Opinion Commission, while he issued a set of directives and recommendations, including resolving the ministry's contracts file.
The Ministry of Industry stated in a statement, which Mawazine News received a copy of, that "the star chaired the first meeting of the opinion committee, in the presence of the members of the body, including agents, consultants, and general managers in the ministry and its general formations and external members, to discuss the topics on the agenda."
The statement added, "The minister initiated the meeting with a number of directives as follows: - Setting work contexts
for the investigative committees in the ministry and addressing the real imbalance through inclusion.
- Presenting a working paper and a vision for the company's work during the next stage.
Giving exceptional importance to the marketing and promotional side of local products, creating competition opportunities and keeping pace with modern methods of marketing, promotion and advertising.
- Reconsidering the workers in the marketing departments and strengthening them with young energies with skills in the field of advertising.
- Granting approvals for studies according to the study plan and according to actual needs and from reputable universities.
- Reconsidering the selection of members of the companies' boards of directors and reviewing the partnership contracts to address the problems, while making sure to choose the discreet private sector as a major and essential partner.
- Follow-up on the issue of contract employees with the Ministry of Finance to ensure that they are granted their rights.
- Reconsidering the activities and competences of companies to address the intersection and overlap in tasks and businesses.
He pointed out that "the meeting discussed the topics on the agenda, which included:
- Priorities of the government program of the Ministry of Industry and Minerals, where the minister indicated the trend towards focusing on strategic industries, including iron and steel, fertilizers, medicines, petrochemicals, the automobile industry, and the mining, extractive and quarrying industries, with interest in companies capable of success and achieving profitability." And its products are in demand in
the local market, stressing the importance of implementing the government program on the ground, and a vote was taken on the government program with the addition of a paragraph to encourage export. Employees' salaries are one of the most important factors for evaluating the performance of boards of directors, and he directed the development of a plan to increase financial revenues with applicable numbers, with a time limit for implementation.
- The paragraph of the operational plan proposals for the year 2023: where the opinion board made a decision to review the company's decisions for the operating plan and to set the planning and operational budgets as an applicable plan.
- The paragraph on the financial statements of the formations: where the minister directed the necessity of gradually reducing dependence on the state’s general budget and following up investment projects with the Ministry of Planning to obtain the necessary amounts, and he also recommended not to delay in completing the data and to take the observations of the Financial Supervision Bureau seriously.